Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#149524 07/14/03 01:14 PM
What a great post...newcomers NEED to see this! Can you find an appropriate thread in Newcomers or start one to get the word out???

Sage

Relax. Appreciate. Be calm. Laugh. Enjoy. Be secure. Be loving. Be loved. Don't personalize. Don't ASSume. Accept. Be grateful.
#149525 07/14/03 01:47 PM
sparkie Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you Sage.

I'll come back later tonight and start a new thread in Newcomers. I want to come up with an eye catching title that "grabs" everyones attention.

- Mark What goes around, comes around. My sitch: "Third time's a charm?"
#149526 07/20/03 05:58 PM
Hi Sparkie,

Just checking in on you...

putter

#149527 07/22/03 11:35 PM
sparkie Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for checking on me putter.

I've been busy building a new R with my W so I don't have much time to post here.

Things are still going fantastic for us. As soon as my step-S(19) moves out of my W's apt., I'll be moving back in with my W. We're hoping this happens next month.

#149528 07/23/03 12:40 AM
Mark,

You are such an inspiration! I will keep looking up your thread for encouragement and guidance!!! If you get a chance could you please look at my thread :
Let Go & Let God
I would love to get your opinion/advice about my sitch. nik

#149529 07/23/03 12:53 PM
sparkie Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Nik. I'll stop by your thread later and see if I can add anything helpful for you.

I just found out that my step-S is NOT moving out just yet. He told my W that he's not ready to go out on his own and his palm reading confirms his fears. My W and I aren't sure what that means but she's going to have a talk with him to see where his head is at.

I guess it's for the best as I don't see my W as being 100% ready to put our R as a top priority just yet. I feel as though my W gets herself too involved with the lives of her children (D21 S19), as well as some of their friends. My W admits that she is having trouble "cutting the cord" and letting the kids live their own lives. I understand her reasoning, and I'll have to remain patient and supportive until my W reaches the point of letting go.

I told my W I was a little upset with step-S's decision, but I'm not going anywhere and to take her time and act upon her own feelings, not mine. She thanked me and gave me a big hug. We know that we both have more work to do on ourselves, so we'll continue to do what we've been doing for the past couple of weeks. I'm ok with that as it's always been my intention not to rush back into our M unitl we are both ready to proceed full steam ahead. Like I told my W from the very beginning, lets work on ourselves first, then move on to our M. I am just grateful that my W is allowing me into her life and we can work togehter as a team.

#149530 07/24/03 02:05 PM
sparkie Offline OP
OP Offline
For the first time since my W and I started piecing our M back togehter, we had a rather awkward day yesterday. I was in a funk all day due to a few emotional setbacks from the previous night. In addition to being upset upon learning that I would not be able to move back in with my W next month, I was also disturbed by a few words and actions of my W.

I spent the entire day over anaylzing the situation(one of my downfalls that I'm working on very hard). After work, my W and I got togehter to give D a ride to work. On our way back, my W asked me what was wrong. First lesson...DO NOT TALK ABOUT R DURING RUSH HOUR DRIVE!!! The words that came out of my mouth were not clear and accurate, and this led to my W becoming upset, which then only made me more upset.

Once we returned to my apt., I told my W that I would like to try again to explain myself, without the distractions of rush hour traffic. Timing is everything when attempting to discuss important R issues! This time, with the help of one of our books (Getting Back Together), I was able to get my feelings across in a more accurate manner.

Afterwards, my W and I both felt better about our situation. It turns out that I was not giving my W enough credit for her commitment to our R. I was still looking at the "old" R and making her out to be someone she "use to be". My fears from living in past got the best of me, but with help from my W, I was able to get back to the present and stomp out those fears.

My W and I concluded that my PMA was down and her PMS was in full swing yesterday. All in all, we both came out of it feeling much better about ourselves and our R.

#149531 07/24/03 02:13 PM
Mark,

That is so good. It is amazing how things change when things around you are calm and collected. It is like Michele says in DR strike while the iron is cold. Good job it is nice to see things starting to work better for you.

Lee

#149532 07/29/03 06:21 PM
Mark, I am so freakin' happy for you and your W. I just moved over to Piecing from Newcomer's, upon yours and rj's advice. I hope to learn from you and the other folks who are piecing!

It is especially comforting to see your sitch where it is given that you have had more than one separation in the past. H and I are in the midst of our third (although the first was for 5 days and I don't always "count" it.)

You rock!

#149533 07/30/03 01:19 PM
sparkie Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you Lee. It's nice to see you and your W making progress as well.

Well Yashie, in addition to us having some very good qualities about us that keeps bringing our S's back to us, we also have a couple of very special and determined S's on our hands.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard