Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#2551923 03/28/15 03:44 PM
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Old thread is locked: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2544446&page=1

I can't believe I'm on thread 19. I've been here a long time. In fact, BD was on Good Friday a year ago. The actual date is off because Easter changes, but I'll forever tie it to Good Friday and Easter. I don't know how I got through that first Easter without melting. A year later, I'm doing ok. I'm not entirely happy with the changes the past year has brought, it's been a lot, but I'm at peace with them. I'm discerning the person I am, the person I want to be, and making a plan for how to bridge the two.

Last night my GAL was dinner with a meetup group at a restaurant, it was ok. Tonight I was supposed to go to a concert, but not sure I will because D17 doesn't have plans and I don't know that I'll leave her alone. Maybe. Also, I have a friend in town from NY and we are supposed to get together at some point. A year ago I was having dinner with H and his clients at an upscale restaurant. My how things have changed.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
And thanks, Labug, for your last post on my previous thread. That's how I feel. I just feel like part of the process of examining myself has been to open my eyes to the world around me. My world a year ago was very narrow, I saw what I wanted to see. Now I think I have a broader perspective of a lot of things, some of it's beautiful, some of it not. But ignoring the bigger picture doesn't make it go away. wink

R
R
Hi Rppfl You seem a little down. The big picture is Rppfl is doing great. She has her down days but overall Rppfl is very strong. We all have certain days and events that drag us down but we get through it Time is a great healer and as you have said your world has opened up from what it was

Take care. Rd

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
RD, I am a bit down, entirely unrelated to H. I made a mistake with a friend yesterday. I apologized, friend accepted, move on. But it left me evaluating where I went wrong and trying to avoid in the future. That's all. smile

R
R
Hi Rppfl. I'm sorry that happened but it's over now I don't want to pry but your friend is proberbly well over it by now. Happy thoughts , thats in in the past now

Take care. Rd

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yes it's over for sure. And I should have described myself as reflective instead of down.

I've decided to skip the concert tonight and stay home. It's been a busy week, and I've spent a lot of time with D12 but not so much with D17. So I'm going to hang with her.

R
R
Have a great time

V
V
RPP

Sometimes we forget that is ok to be human, to make mistakes and to be ok.

There is so much introspection and critique of ourselves that we loose sight of being just ordinary ok and feeling everyday good enough.

I think it is just fine to have so so days and some mixed weather.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Ya know, rpp, the world needs more friends like you. In my almost 53 years on this planet, I've been hurt by friends and I've hurt them as well. Authentic apologies are probably the most illustrative example I know of a divine and merciful God, and a blessing of grace in action. We're all human and we err. The most important thing here is that you made an attempt to ask for forgiveness. It's the best outcome, other than not doing it in the first place. I'd celebrate that with you rather than beat you up for that.

My life is littered with ^^^^ those kind of hurts. The most recent example of divine grace in my life is with my former SIL. My brother's death put us both in the position to communicate from the heart, and we mended hurts and the past and agreed to stop looking back and only look forward. It's humbling.

What are you doing for Easter?

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Underdog
What are you doing for Easter?

Betsey

Hi Betsey! This Easter I'm going to breathe and rejoice that I can actually feel my face! LOL! BD was Good Friday a year ago, and I don't know how I lived through Easter Sunday.

We will have pretty close to our traditional Easter. Special breakfast, Easter baskets, church, Easter meal. H will be playing the service, and I invited H to lunch. S19 will be home for the weekend. It's not exactly the "same as always", but it's our new reality version. I'm grateful that one of us isn't missing out on the kids because we can't stand each other. I'm grateful that we aren't spewing at each other. I'm grateful that my kids are all waking up in the same house we've been in for 12 years. So many good things in my life.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard