Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2540282 02/19/15 10:47 PM
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hey Gang,

Seems that the DB pooh-pahs decided to chomp my beloved Pretty In Pink thread without giving me the heads up (yeah...my head is bigger than the door frame). Gee whiz, thanks a lot. wink

Been very quiet with Ms. Wonka since our most recent exchange that included a lot of friendly banter about the Super Bowl and 'Cheaties' (instead of Wheaties). Back to radio silence and I feel more and more removed from Ms. Wonka. That's perfectly fine with me.

Had a few moments with women out there. Dang women! They confuse me too! And I am A woman fer cryin' out loud!!! Maybe time for a sex change so things can start to make sense to me once again. shocked smirk Nah...ain't happening.

Calling darling Cadet....would you be so kind once again and pull out the rabbit from your hat as in retrieving my own Pretty In Pink thread and post here? Thanks much!! mwah

Tried to access it using the Search feature here...no such luck.

Wonka #2540528 02/20/15 04:06 PM
Quote:
Maybe time for a sex change so things can start to make sense to me once again. shocked smirk Nah...ain't happening.

LOL, that's good. Because it's clearly not working for Bruce Jenner. He's got a long way to go in the emotional healing department... at least from the outside. I'm sure you'll come across a good fit exactly when you're supposed to.

Don't feel bad. Pretty much everyone confuses me lately. wink

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Wonka #2540597 02/20/15 07:07 PM
C
C
Originally Posted By: Wonka
Calling darling Cadet....would you be so kind once again and pull out the rabbit from your hat as in retrieving my own Pretty In Pink thread and post here? Thanks much!! mwah

Tried to access it using the Search feature here...no such luck.

You need lots of lessons in DB forumology! smile smile smile

Try clicking on YOUR NAME
SHOW POSTS
Then at the top right it says TOPICS CREATED - click there

You should find all your threads.

Here is a link to the last one.
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2475770#Post2475770

Me-70, D37,S36
Cadet #2540599 02/20/15 07:15 PM
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks, Cadet! Still waiting on my medal for "thinkology." grin

Wonka #2540930 02/21/15 05:01 PM
job Offline
Wonka,
The last posting on your Pretty in Pink thread was on December 31st. As you know, if someone doesn't post or continue to bump threads up to the first page, they will gradually go down the thread line up and end up on pages 4 or 5. The DB pooh-pahs didn't "chomp" your thread. But they will lock it at 100 postings.

I believe someone just bumped it up for you.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2540952 02/21/15 06:18 PM
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks, Job. Appreciate your thoughts.

Back to drinking my hot chocolate while looking out at the winter wonderland in the backyard...

Wonka #2540980 02/21/15 07:47 PM
job Offline
Well, that's exactly what I'm doing! The snow is just starting to fall here and hopefully this stuff turns to rain tonight. Stay warm and safe!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2541286 02/23/15 02:18 AM
Let this serve as a warning to post updates more frequently wink

We've had a snowy weekend here too. My mini College reunion was cancelled because our host's flight out of VA was cancelled. That's okay. I've been putzing around, painting furniture and mulling over what I was doing exactly 21 years ago today. (Well, right now I was in hard labor.) My now D21 went out for dinner last night with her BF of 2 years, and then he was the DD for her and her friends. She was pretty hungover today. Hahaha. Glad it's not me!

Hope your weekends have been peaceful and relaxing. I happen to love snow on weekends. As long as I have food, I love it.

So, let's talk about Angels and Demons. Normally I avoid topics like this. Although I'm Catholic, I've had trouble with the idea of purgatory, limbo and demons. But I now find myself squaring off. My late brother has been communicating with his XW. He's had quite a bit to say, and I am now allowing myself the chance to revisit my beliefs. Apparently, when he passed, he was in what we call purgatory, firmly seated between 2 demons... Named Addiction and Murder. Apparently, dying by your own hand indirectly is considered murder of self. He said he was released by all the love and prayers of his family and friends who loved him. Oddly, I feel comforted greatly by that notion. I've long held the belief that if one doesn't pray for himself, prayers are like throwing good money after bad. Apparently I was wrong. Prayers are beams of love for others. Isn't that a happy thought?

Something that I've long believed that's true where he is? Same sex marriage doesn't matter. Love is love. That's a gender free thing. At least my arguments on that are dead on. God is love, and love is universal and gender less. Yippee!

Ok, time to get busy here. I've been slacking for a few hours now and need to get ready for an early day tomorrow coupled with what will probably be a horrible commute. Yuck.

Hugs. Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Underdog #2541504 02/23/15 08:13 PM
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Bets,

Thanks for stopping by to post your thoughts about your brother. I just read a wonderful book titled Billy re Fingers that talks about his struggles with drugs during his time on Planet Earth, how he died in an accident, and speaks about his life after death. Riveting reading! Highly recommended.

FYI, in almost all of the books I've read about life after death, there has NOT been one single anecdote about "hell & fire" or any such reference to the "brimstone" purgatory. Hence I've formed my own beliefs and opinions based on my own search for God and the "workings" of the Universe. Been traveling on this path quite heavily as an ardent student since Ms. Wonka left the marital house.

BTW, you must be one happy mamma knowing that your D21 has a boyfriend who is apparently stable, caring, and supportive. Prayers answered, right?

How's D17 doing these days? Got all of the guardianship paperwork sorted out for her passage into adulthood?

Wonka #2541506 02/23/15 08:14 PM
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Clarification of book title:

Billy Fingers

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard