Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
OP Offline
Since the lock monster will be coming soon to BA's thread, in light of his update, thought I'd create the new thread. Notice I titled it appropriately, BA? grin

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
R
R
I thought the same thing lol. Loved that show smile

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

B
B
Love the title Bets! Much better than "Yours, Mine and Ours" because there definitely isn't going to be any "Ours"! That train has left the station. grin

BA

B
B
In the not too long ago past, Valentine's Day was one of those days that I soooo didn't look forward too. With the trauma of dealing with a failed marriage due to a WAS, the last thing I wanted to be reminded of was a bunch of people celebrating love with cards, gifts, dinners, etc.

A few years later and I feel very fortunate that I'm no longer in that place. My "Lovely Lady" (keeping with the theme here Bets) is taking yours truly out to dinner on Saturday, and not to some two bit restaurant either. She's treating me to dinner and wine at the Chart House for Valentine's Day. Yep, she's a keeper! grin I of course have flowers already ordered for delivery tomorrow and a card and small gift for her as well.

BA

W
W
BA,

The Chart House...what a fine choice! smile I've eaten there a few times and enjoyed the food immensely.

B
B
Thanks Wonka! I'm looking forward to it!

By the way, for those who might be in the DC area and not in love or lust, they are offering a few "anti-Valentine's Day" themed events as well. Here's one that I thought was pretty funny:

Because 'Cupid is Stupid'
Town Tavern's annual "celebration" of Valentine's Day starts with the "It's Not Me - It's You" open-bar happy hour from 8 to 10 p.m., and keeps going with $5 Bacardi shooters and $3 domestic beers until midnight.

BA

OP Offline
I'm really happy for you, Mike. I mean BA. That is really sweet. My cousin (you might have met her at the viewing) used to waitress there out of college. It was a really nice restaurant then, and I have to imagine it still is. Enjoy the ambience and romance! Carol sounds like an awesome woman.

I totally dig the "It's Not Me - It's You" theme. That *really* cracks me up. Wish I were there to go! I'm going really low key, since it's the anniversary of Dennis' departure from earth. I was planning our dinner, but am so mired down in guardianship that I don't have bandwidth. So I postponed that for awhile. One of the cop friends and I are going out for coffee and then over to Fort Logan to visit. Then I'm taking my little lady friend who can't drive to church and giving her a gift bag of homemade moisturizers. I figure it's about love, right?

Besides, my horoscope says that the 21st and 22nd is supposed to be my total "Venus infused opportunistic" weekend of the year. Turns out that D17 has a basketball tournament. Maybe I'll meet someone there. Or the next day, when my college alumni "reunion" at Elway's occurs. Elway's is a meat market, so... we shall see. At the very least, I have a good alumni friend here and haven't seen her lately so it will be good to hang out with her for the afternoon.

Thanks a million for the themed laugh. That's a total riot.

Looking forward to seeing your photos of the evening on the Alt. You *will* take them, right? smile

Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
B
B
Thanks Bets! "Carol" is THE bomb! smile

Wow I can't believe that it has already been 1 year since your friend Dennis passed away. Although I'm only about 6 weeks from the anniversary of my father's death which is even harder to believe. I've often felt that the cruelty about time is that when you finally get old enough to appreciate it, cherish it and make the most of it is exactly when it seems to speed up into warp drive and pass by so quickly!

I will be rooting for you on the 21st and 22nd for a knight and shining armor to come and sweep you off your feet!

I will try and get a couple of photos taken Saturday evening to post on the alt. I do need a new profile photo afterall.

Best,
BA

W
W
BA,

It better be an Irish stallion with jet black hair and blue eyes for our Bets. We expect nothing less than best for her, right? wink

OP Offline
Yes, Valentines Day marks that anniversary. So much has changed since then - it seems really weird.

I should probably change my profile photo too. I just can't seem to motivate myself to remove my brother just yet. He's working in magical ways behind the scenes and I like to be reminded of that. smile

Oh, Wonka, you made my heart go pitter patter. I really don't have a type (seriously), but the attributes you listed make my woman parts tingle. grin I've been having some serious dreams about my long time BF before Mr. Wonderful. And they're all great dreams. I'm really happy when I wake up. But here's the gig... he's happily married, we only talk once a year or so and I don't think about him consciously except around his birthday in November. I don't get it.

Back to work.

Albert Einstein
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard