Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
HeavyD Offline OP
OP Offline
H
OK

I am confused as to what I have on my hands, a walk away wife or a Midlife Crisis Wife. Does it matter in how I approach her or the situation?

On our 19th anniversary, my wife informed me that she is involved with another person and is conflicted. We have 2 children, a 9 year old and a 5 year old. She says she loves this person and wants the freedom to have an affair with her. This was never on our radar and never discussed and I said no.

Needless to say, I was blindsided, incredibly hurt, furious, all of the above. I told her she had to move out in October which she joyfully did. I thought move out meant a hotel room, but she really moved out.

She continues to see the affair partner but it is a relationship that she claims did not end our marriage. It just helped her to see how "broken and unsatisfying" our marriage really was. She claims she has not been happy for years. She admits that it was a shitty way to handle it, but she should have left me years ago.

My life has been turned upside down, I am in shock, can't eat, sleep or function well. She seems to relish all of my misery too. I have made the mistakes of begging, we can work this out, our marriage is stronger than this, please don't do this to the children, etc...

I honestly thought our marriage was good, we had some normal marriage issues, but nothing that indicated this. She claims I was not emotionally there for her, shut her out etc.... While I could have been more attentive to her, I was home every night and we were living our normal lives and I was happy. She now says she needed more.

Her affair partner she met at work, is also married with two kids who is conflicted about her marriage too. The affair partner was apparently in an open relationship which is what this whole situation started as.

What advice to any board members give? I have flailed, been suicidal, and now just am numb. What are my options now? Just go dark? File for divorce? She doesn't want me to file for divorce, not to make anything permanent. This tells me she just wants her cake and wants me to be the back up. I don't think I am even the back up at this point, she told me to just watch her walk away and there is nothing I can do.

Was made a better person by DB'ers
H
HeavyD Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Me again - sorry to be so chatty this morning, but I've a lot on my mind.

My WAW said at the beginning of this nightmare she wanted me to "fight for my marriage". That is confusing - what does that even mean?

1. Does it mean - going to MC?

2. Does it mean - working on me? I think this is really what it means. If so, this translates into being more present with my kids, living more in the present and acknowledging the good things in my life, being more emotionally available (this is hard for me - wtf does this really mean? I am guessing listening and validating her each time we interact).

How do I know she even knows I am working on me unless I tell her?
She has moved out, how does she see/know of any changes?

3. Does it mean - going dark?

If I could get some clear examples of what "working on my marriage" really means, that would be helpful.

Was made a better person by DB'ers
R
R
That is a very good question. Why don't you take advantage of today's online special and speak to a Divorce Busting Coach. You will get clarity and many suggestions on how to get your marriage back on track. Please call me at 303-444-7004 to discuss our coaching program and save $30.00

Roberta, Resource Coordinator
The Divorce Busting Center
303-444-7004
Roberta@divorcebusting.com
J
J
There is your answer.

Get PROFESSIONAL advice. People trained in these areas.

When you need a good attorney, do you want one that specializes in your problem or do you want to take advice from an amateur?

Same thing here....

Many of us here are trying to help.. You need to remember that
we are mere amateurs.. Amateurs tend to only be able to give you advice from what THEY may be working on at the time or advice that is only as mature as they are in learning about relationships...

It's like getting a golf tip from a friend.. It may or it may not help.. Usually they give you a tip on something they have just discovered THEY are working on or need to work on...
You could actually be worse off if you listen to them..

Then you go to a Golf Pro who is trained in the golf swing and they KNOW what to look for and what really is needed for you to work on...... They KNOW what to look for and the best path to follow to solve the problem...

Same thing here..... If you can possible afford it, then get PROFESSIONAL help. Don't take this lightly...

Good luck...

Justin Credible

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard