Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
W
OP Offline
W
To continue the merry antics of Whatis...here we go.
I got a bite from a pretty little Filipina (and no, I did not approach her!). She's 39 (huh?) and likes motorcycle racing (that's so me lol)...and drinks "moderately". On the plus side when I retire she'd still be working ...until I die and she also actually lives in the same city as me. The expression on her face in her photos says "piss me off and I'll kick your ass"...I kinda like that lol. Seriously though, I'm still not up on the online etiquette. On POF I'm hidden and I reach out but on Match I'm out there for all to see. Is it proper to just ignore people if you're not interested? I used to send out little thanks but no thanks messages...I was always nice and pointed out something I liked about them but still it's a rejection. I got a few negative responses to that like "you must think you're really hot!" Uh, no. But I stopped because I just felt that when you see a message in your inbox you automatically assume it's a message of interest, not a rejection. So I don't do it anymore. Any thoughts?

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
Don't say anything. It's better than Rejection
Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Another question. Why is it that women from all over the United States are fav'ing me etc. I just had a 36 year old from North Carolina, she'd read my profile etc but I just don't get what it is that they want? How does it make sense to try and connect with someone who lives in another country? Do we date by text? Again, any thoughts?

G
G
They're playing the online dating "Gambling Game". I was reading about how this sort of thing gets addictive for people, especially those with addictive personalities, low-self esteem, are bored, or who are just plain lonely.

They get a burst of endorphins every time they open their in-box and there are messages from all these potential Mr. Rights! Maybe one of these will be "THE ONE".
It reinforces how desirable they are, and how there are so many potential mates to choose from.
Why even spend ten minutes on this one when Mr. Perfect might be right around the corner? Just swipe to the next...and the next... it's just a game.

It's a relief from boredom, they can pretend to be anyone they want; it's like a video game except with real people with real emotions.

Some may be willing to move to another country to be with someone they never met, but I wouldn't take them up on it!

Whatisis, you sound serious about trying to find somebody of quality with who to create a healthy relationship. Unfortunately, that doesn't represent everyone on those sites.

Which you know--but keep the entertaining stories coming!

I loved the "100 Reasons Why You Should Date Me" list!

---(G)GGG

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
5/13 ILYBINILWY: A denied
9/13 Proof OW: ENDED
2/14 Got D papers on my BD
I kicked him out for my sanity
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

W
OP Offline
W
A friend of mine wanted me to do a thousand...I said no! As far as the long distance people, I never respond. I just wish they'd stop cluttering up my connections box. It's hard enough trying to keep track of likes, winks, fav's, interested's etc. I don't need this kind of stress lol.

W
OP Offline
W
...and I forgot to post the profile gem from yesterday, "I'm a caring person who gives arms to beggars"

S
S
I feel that "no reply" gets the point across, and it has less emotion involved. That is my approach.

Where I am struggling, is how to make that same point, when you're face to face with someone. I went on a POF date, the other day. She seemed like a nice gal, appeared to have her act together. We enjoyed a cup of coffee and a nice conversation. All in all, she seemed like someone I could socialize with, but there was no chemistry, at least not on my end. I have a hard time in those situations. I was honest with her, and said that she seemed very nice, but we would probably make better friends. There was that moment of awkwardness at the end....How do you handle that, Whatis?

Me:46 Her:38
My D: 11
Her S: 8

S
S
Here is a question. Why do you have your profile hidden? That seems counterproductive to your goals.

Me:46 Her:38
My D: 11
Her S: 8

W
OP Offline
W
The women I've met have rejected me lol! I don't expect "magic" on a first meet and as long as I enjoyed the lady's company I'm willing to see her again. But, if there is no chemistry at all I would probably just email her and thank her for the meet but say I didn't think we were a match. You told her in person, that's fine but maybe a little too upfront for me.
As far as not being visible on POF. I wasn't really looking to be inundated with "hi there" messages. I was visible in my last round three years ago and found being visible a complete waste of time...and I hate rejecting people too! I just wanted to ability to reach out to a few women here and there that I found appealing. On Match I'm visible and so far am immensely popular with American women lol.

W
OP Offline
W
One more I just came across, "Am single with a son and she means the whole world to me."

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard