Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
oad Offline OP
OP Offline
O
thanks pilot you are right, Today when I went to pick up my daughters at my WAW school she called and asked that I call her when I get there, so I called and told her I was 5 minutes away, she then walked to the classroom where they where at (she is the principle) and got the kids and met me infront of the office. Now she never has done that, not even during the summer when she would not be busy at all, today was a crazy day for it was the 1st day the teachers returned to meet her(she just got the position over the summer). She was dressed really nice, she looked so dam beautiful I felt like grabbing her and kissing her, but I didn't, I acted like cool hand luke, made her smile a couple times then I think I may have messed up, I told her "you look beautiful" she gave me a big smile and said its because today she was meeting the new teachers, she seemed a little surprised by my comment and she almost seemed a little giddy, we then talked about the house and I said good bye and she said it back in a really sweet tone....

sandi would love your input here, am I looking to much into it? should I just continue to go with the flow?

Me: 42
W: 39
D: 2 age 6 and 9
D-Day: Dec 29 13
Seperated: 3/20/14
Mediation retainer : 5/20/14
She filed: 06/25/14
P
P
oad sandi does not need to answer that. you know the answer already.

Of course you are reading too much into it, and yes you should just go with the flow.

just relax and keep at it. I do not think you messed up by telling her she was beautiful. just say it and move on. do not expect a response or a favorable compliment in return.

keep at it!

W: 32
Married 7 years together 8.5
S1: 7 S2:7
Bomb #1: 09-16-13
Recon #1: 11/13
A discovered 04-03-2014
W filed D 05-19-14 but never served me
I filed D 12-02-2014
S 05-31-14
Divorced 5-19-16
O
oad Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Ok so things are getting interesting, today I went by her office to get the girls
She was at her desk and asked her secretary to go get them.
We stayed and talked, when I sat down she stopped working on her computer
And gave a big sigh and lifted her shoulders and gave me
A big sad smile, she never stopped looking at me the whole time.
Man I just wanted to kiss her but again was cool hand Luke
Spewing of self confidence, we had a great interaction again and
Although I can't get my hopes up, I felt we are somewhat connecting little
By little. I know I have no idea what the hell she is thinking
But I haven't seen that look in like 6 months. It's getting interesting now!!

O
oad Offline OP
OP Offline
O
wow things are peacefull, my WAW is living at her parents and from what they tell me she is very sad, and always there or at work. Yesterday we had a nice phone chat where we actually shot the crap and talked casually about our jobs. It felt like how we used to talk. Today at work I texted her a picture of a sushi roll I invented for the resteraunt(I got promoted in one week from chef to sushi chef). She immediately texted back "Wow!! would love to try it!!!" so I answered "you will ;)". Im still being consistent with my actions and my confidence level is flying high, I guess she senses that its not an act. I really feel good, still heart broken, but I know either way I will be fine. I think WAW's in general can pick up on the insecurities in you. She almost seems happy when we talk. Ive taken the initiative in getting our girls school supplies(something I never did before). all in all we are progressing slowly but steadily. lets see what the weekend brings. Another thing I noticed she stopped all her facebook postings, don't know what that is about?

P
P
oad,

Glad to see things are progressing for you. You also seem to be more at peace, which is always a good thing. You handled your W texting about the sushi well, however, if something like that comes up again, next time leave out the "you will". You had her at her comment. Let her 'want' it and not 'know' she can have it.

At any rate, glad you are moving forward. Keep at it buddy.

W: 32
Married 7 years together 8.5
S1: 7 S2:7
Bomb #1: 09-16-13
Recon #1: 11/13
A discovered 04-03-2014
W filed D 05-19-14 but never served me
I filed D 12-02-2014
S 05-31-14
Divorced 5-19-16
S
S
Hey cool hand Luke- smile

Yes, don't read too much into her contacting more, b/c there are probably are legit reasons. You did not make a mistake by giving your W a compliment, and she obviously liked it. Don't misread how you saw her that day at school. She is excited in her new position and yet recognizing there has personal pain for you (maybe both of you). As a woman, that could explain a "sad" smile.

Don't take any of those things to be a "sign". Just take the good moments as they come, and to mean no more or no less. It is better to have a pleasant interaction than an ugly one, right?

I'm glad things are more peaceful. Sometimes a physical separation helps. And, yes, there have been couples to S and years later, R the M or get remarried.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
O
oad Offline OP
OP Offline
O
thanks sandi for your input. I guess im just hoping that things may be turning around. Being peacefull is a good thing to let the dust settle, we have been separated now for like 5 months and BD for 8 months. Just gonna keep being cool hand luke. as far as I know and what everyone tells me there is no other man in the picture, she is super busy and stressed on her first year. I complemented her as a way to show that im not just a friend, im more than that wink. anyways I guess this is how things begin, slow and steady.

O
oad Offline OP
OP Offline
O
well this weekend was good, yesterday I dropped off my girls school supplies at her parents and we finally hugged a real hug, no pat on the back...and on my way out she said in a very sad voice.."we'll be ok" to which I responded " we will always be ok as long as we are united for the girls". today I went by her office, I had a small arrangement of flowers sent to her that said " Good luck on your first year, I know you will do good..O.D" she responded with a text "Thank you for the flowers!!! they are beautifull!!!". when I saw her today her face lit up, there where other flowers in her office and without me asking she told me who they where from...I wonder why she would just tell me that? any thoughts? so far still so good.

S
S
Quote:
when I saw her today her face lit up, there where other flowers in her office and without me asking she told me who they where from...I wonder why she would just tell me that? any thoughts? so far still so good.

Don't think anything of it. She obviously was thrilled that people thought enough to congratulate her new job by sending flowers. When a woman doesn't voluntarily tell who sent the flowers, then there may be room for concern.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
O
oad Offline OP
OP Offline
O
glad to hear that sandi...thanks for checking in on me. Im gonna keep being cool hand luke and kicking but at my job...I do have my sad moments, but I am not pursuing her or texting her and taking things as they come.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard