Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
OP Offline
S
It has been 5 years since I suddenly closed my dance school. I've enjoyed the leisure time. But thinking about finding a "project". Suddenly I found it! Just bought 3 cottages on the lake I used to cottage on about 20 min from my house. They had been recently reno'd and were used for seasonal rental income. One of the owners became ill & they were forced to sell. I bought the 3 for what I had sold my one. They're waterfront with a little beach & come with a paddleboat. I take ownership on Aug 1 (Assuming inspections go fine). I had agreed to honour the one rental they had in Aug (they did not advertise as they were selling). Just learned that both of the larger cottages are rented out Aug 2 to 9. chChing! Big bucks there. As well - a friend had been asking if I knew of a cottage to rent in the area (asked me the day I was going to see these - I had not mentioned it). Turns out she has the same vacation days. She is taking the smaller cottage. So I move in and a day later I'm making money!
So excited! My kids are over the moon they spent every summer on that lake. I guess they figure they can use it. Maybe I will let them if it's ever available!
So if you know someone who wants a cute cottage to rent in Muskoka, Ontario. Let them contact me. Oh - I'm calling them Sun Fun Cottages. Fitting... Need to get to work on a website...

Barb

K
K
Good for you! When I get my act together, hopefully I will be able to travel again and come for a visit. smile

So happy for you. kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Kat!

It would make a great place for a DB get together for sure!

Barb

K
K
Any entrepreneur advice would be appreciated. About 99.9% sure I will be going the life coach route. Just wanted to get an experts opinion.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Way to go, Barb! I love the name of your cottages. Count me in on a visit. I've got 2 more years traveling up your way. smile

Kat, I truly hope you do what your heart wants you to do. If there is anything you need on being an entrepreneur, I'd love to help too. Warning: it's not easy! But it will be well worth the pain when you're following your heart.

Hugs to both of you!

Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Bets - would love to have you come for a visit for sure!

Kat: Just as Bets said -"it's important to follow your heart". 10 days ago I had never even thought of doing this. It does seem impulsive I know. But many things had happened that had brought me to this place.

I retired suddenly & with No real plan. I miss my cottage despite the fact I live on the lake & love my home. I've been told recently that I should have some income in order to receive certain benefits but I can't go back to working defined hours year round. And some people have told me recently that I have too much time on my hands. The ad caught my attention "3 cottages for the price of 1" and interestingly it was exactly what I had sold my cottage for.

But whatever... Do your homework. Consider all scenarios. Research online - so much easier than the old days like when at 17 I decided I wanted to run a dance studio. No one explained to me how to do it but I figured it out. Slowly. I will figure this out but it sounds like I will learn it quickly!

I'm not afraid. I have a lot of faith in the future. I've learned - nothing ventured, nothing gained. Let's hope I'm still smiling a year from now.

Barb

B
B
Congrats Barb! It sounds like a perfect deal to me. How cool to own resort style property on a lake. Placing Canada on my places to visit list now! :-)

BA

S
OP Offline
S
Hey BA" thanks! There are 3 cottages - 7 beds at present. Enough for a little get together for sure without doing the couch surfing thing. I think I will get a couple of sofabeds to improve on that a bit.

Heading over for inspection, measuring & inventory. These places are fully equipped right down to bedding, towels, bbqs etc

Barb

job Offline
Hi Barb!
Wow! What a deal! I don't blame you, I would have snapped that deal up too! I have no doubt that you'll make the cottages look beautiful and inviting and will have no problem w/renting them out.

This project will most definitely keep you busy for a little while. LOL!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Barb,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You are AMAZING. And you always follow your own intuition which is the real secret in life ... pay attention and listen to where the Universe is leading you.

A very exciting plan! And with your business acumen, knowledge of the cottage-scene and the lake ... sounds like a perfect enterprise for you to undertake.

Skills, charm and smarts! And it will keep you busy and happy!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard