Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2457775 06/05/14 07:14 PM
B
Bunches Offline OP
OP Offline
B
So I find myself posting less and less these days as I'm close to moving, doing well with GAL, and spending a lot less time interacting with W or worrying what she is up to. I've been able to detach much more in the last month since I found out about the A that has since ended. W seems either depressed or angry whenever I see her and we don't talk much, but I'm starting to wonder again if that is a good thing. You see before BD we had grown into a place in our M where she told me nothing she was thinking or feeling. Mostly, she says, because I'm critical. We have talked some on occasion and she ends up throwing things out there about how bad her life is, how she only has herself to blame for where she is today, or that she is sorry. But thats pretty much the extent of it. I don't, or try not to, pursue. I don't make contact. I just am able to focus on me most days recently and my S. I guess I'm just having doubts that maybe I should dig some because I've started to feel like I should just finish the D and move on with my life but I'm afraid I'm missing something.

M: 43 W: 43
Married 6 yrs.
T: 7 yrs.
Son 20, 18, 17, 15 yrs. (w/ Autism), 12, 10

C
C
Originally Posted By: Bunches
W seems either depressed or angry whenever I see her and we don't talk much, but I'm starting to wonder again if that is a good thing.

You see before BD we had grown into a place in our M where she told me nothing she was thinking or feeling.
Mostly, she says, because I'm critical.

We have talked some on occasion and she ends up throwing things out there about how bad her life is, how she only has herself to blame for where she is today, or that she is sorry.
But thats pretty much the extent of it.
I don't, or try not to, pursue.
I don't make contact.
I just am able to focus on me most days recently and my S.
I guess I'm just having doubts that maybe I should dig some because I've started to feel like I should just finish the D and move on with my life but I'm afraid I'm missing something.

So it sounds like you have 180'ed the above behavior.

I guess the most you could say is

I understand or sorry that has happened to you.

But other than listen I think you are doing the right things.

It sounds like she is in OM withdrawal, and depression will follow.

Don't FIX her that is her job.

Me-70, D37,S36

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard