Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
T
OP Offline
T
I know you're right, Spartan. I do.

I'm working on it (even though it doesn't seem like it). I'm working on detaching, reading books and watching youtube videos on codependency and healing from broken relationships.

Trying to Let Go and Let God.

Thanks for keeping an eye on me.

T
OP Offline
T
Feeling pretty good for a change. Went and had my hair cut, tried a new style, looks good!

I'm not obsessing as much, hopefully I am gaining some momentum.

Tomorrow will be one month since bomb, times flies when you're having fun! Still no contact from WAW, maybe its better that way.

Tonight I plan on doing some reading and relaxing. I'm still not sleeping through the night, so some R&R is warranted.

Tomorrow I plan on going to the gym, washing my car, going to the library, and maybe go to the Saturday night church service.

S
S
Thor
Really glad you were feeling good today. New style (hair and clothes) can help with moving forward to the new, better you. Keep at the reading and stuff and make sure to mix something fun in there as well. Keep at it buddy

Personality is who the world sees, character is who you are

Turn your trials into your testimonies

Don't believe everything you think

Expectations are resentments waiting to happen
T
OP Offline
T
I just finished reading Love Must Be Tough by James Dobson (again).

Good read, a lot of it directly corresponds to DBing. Basically "opening the cage door and setting your WAW/WAH free". Basically LRT, going dark, no contact.

He goes on to say that self respect is of the utmost importance. If we don't respect ourselves, who will?

It's so counter-intuitive that saving our relationship is basically doing the opposite of what we feel.

Looking back on my R with WAW, I used to be a fun loving guy, free spirited and spontaneous. Over time, I became reserved, controlling and too future focused (saving for a home, retirement etc). Basically I became no fun to be around. One of my 180's is to live life and enjoy each day as it comes.

W
W
Thorn,

Originally Posted By: Thornton
Looking back on my R with WAW, I used to be a fun loving guy, free spirited and spontaneous. Over time, I became reserved, controlling and too future focused (saving for a home, retirement etc). Basically I became no fun to be around. One of my 180's is to live life and enjoy each day as it comes.

How do you plan to reclaim yourself?

Break them down in small goals.

How does that look like to you?

T
OP Offline
T
Wonka,

I really need to re-establish my friendships. I also used to be involved with lots of team sports (flag football and softball), I need to get back into that as well.

Yesterday was a decent day.

Today I'm having a hard time dealing with thoughts of missing WAW. I haven't spoken to her in so long, it feels like a death to me. I also miss her daughter terribly, I basically became her dad when I started dating WAW.

I have a counseling appt tonight with MC, I really need it!

I
I
Too bad we didn't live closer Thorn...we could go out and GAL together!!! Hang in there buddy, the NC is actually a good thing I think. It's only a matter of time before she contacts you I suspect.

ME: 43 W:44
M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
D papers served 5/5/14 (how appropriate a date)
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
Our marriage ends 11/17/14
T
OP Offline
T
Well she texted me.

She told me she hasn't forgot about picking up her things and that she hoped I was doing well.

I asked how she and her D were. She said she was adjusting and that life felt weird.

The convo was good with smiley faces and good vibes.

Then we texted about books we were reading, I did not mention DB.

She ended the convo with a smiley face and I did not respond.

What do I take from this?

Was she using her things as an icebreaker? Or is she wanting to pick up her things to finalize things?

I
I
Honestly Thorn, I wouldn't take it any way. Just take it for what it is. She's a WAW, they make no sense so to try and figure them out is pointless. Just go with it, keep you cool, act as if you are in agreement and act as if you are getting on just fine without her. I KNOW it HURTS like hell but you must my friend. I am glad she contacted you though...I knew she would! Now just use this opportunity to play it cool with her...nonchalant and happy. I know for you it's tough because this was the first time she's contacted you...but...she contacted you didn't she? smile Hold your course my friend!

ME: 43 W:44
M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
D papers served 5/5/14 (how appropriate a date)
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
Our marriage ends 11/17/14
T
OP Offline
T
She was asking lots of questions about me and I portrayed myself as doing fine and staying busy. She asked about my job, told her about my upcoming promotion, she said congratulations!

When I asked how she was doing, she replied. "Im doing ok. Adjusting. Life feels weird".

I know I shouldn't mind read but someone throw me a bone!

I would think that if all she wanted was her things that she would of not asked me any personal questions...

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard