Today my father is dying. His body is no longer able to handle dialysis so it has been taking it's toll on him. He was admitted into a Hospice facility on Monday morning. We thought he might be able to hang on for about 10 days but the toxins in his system are proving to much. I should be there by his side holding his hand, personally telling him how much he will be missed and thanking him for everything he has done for me in this life, but I'm unable to because of the a$$hole pervert from New York. I have to be here a thousand miles away in order to attend a preliminary hearing tomorrow morning that my 15 year old daughter has been subpeona'd to attend and testify. The pervert will be in the courtroom as well and there is no way in hell I could let my daughter be there without my presence. The cost of this is missing the opportunity to see my dad one last time.
This has been the hardest decision I've ever had to make but in my heart it feels like the right one and the one my dad would want me to make. I just hate it.
What a difficult choice. I am sure your dad is aware that you have been keeping in contact to see how he is doing. Being there for your daughter has to take top priority for now. How many days do they think this will take? If it becomes dire, I would notify the court and see about getting a postponement.
Best wishes for you and your family. Blessings.
Me-53(and learning!) S24, S21, D18, D17 Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Only you can decide what to do but sorry - I have to say that it is a preliminary hearing & probably little would happen. Your ex should be there for your daughter to free you up to be with your dad. I urge you to go be with him - I doubt you will regret it.
My heart goes out to you at this most difficult time
Hey BA, you and your dad are in my prayers. You've made the choice you must make, and now make the best of it. See if you can skype or facetime with your dad until you can get back. Say what you need to say by phone. I'm sending you encouragement for the strength to handle supporting your daughter and attending to your dad.
I think the idea of delaying the hearings is valid too, in case you find it possible.
Adinva 51, S20, S18 M24 total 6/15/11-12/1/12 From IDLY to H moving out 9/15/15-3/7/17 From negotiating SA to final D at age 50 5/8/17-now: New relationship with an old friend __ Happiness is a warm puppy.