Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
JayMan Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Man, it's been a long time. Just popping in to drop some random thoughts.

My life has been amazing the last couple of months - I got a new job that is the most fulfilling ever, I get huge bonuses, I do side work and make crazy good money. I am almost completely out of debt, re-mortgaged my house to be completely paid off in 13 years, my kids are the best and most respectful and perfect ever, and my friends are the closest ever.

I have helped several friends financially and have seen them grow and flourish, I have lost weight and gained strength, and I feel 20 years younger. I am respected at work and amongst friends.

XW1 called me the other day (we've been divorced 9 years), and told me how she hadn't been a very good wife, and hadn't truly loved me and hadn't been love-able, and apologized for that, and told me how much she appreciated my wisdom and grace - and that I deserved an amazing woman.

Then, I found out W was having her second affair - coupled with lies upon lies upon lies, and I am filing D on Friday, and am completely done standing.

The last week has been realization upon realization of how mentally unbalanced W is, and how she will make any decision she deems necessary to make herself temporarily happy, and she doesn't really care who or what she hurts and destroys in the process. And after all the hurt and agony and trying and pain and horrible days, I've realized I'm ME. I embrace who I am, while I try to improve on my lack, and accept my limitations.

This will probably fall on deaf ears to newbies and sad folks, but it's not even been a year since my first post in 8/2013, and I've aged and grown and wised up so much. My marriage is over, and never will be recovered despite my best efforts, but I've never been more secure in who I am, my faith, my family, my friends.

DBing works, friends!

B
B
Wow Jon. You've been through much my friend. I'm sorry your marriage did not work but I'm really glad you've come out the other side and that your kids are benefitting from this!!

M 35 W 31
D 10
Married 3 years
Together 11
Single since Nov 13
Moved out Dec 13
ILYBNILWY, 'I don't want to be a boring housewife, 'I don't fancy you any more'
OM confirmed Jun 14
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard