Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2407221 11/21/13 11:56 PM
newton0 Offline OP
OP Offline
After moving out on 9/6. My wife finally agreed to come home and spend a night as a trial. We were both excited & I bought flowers, wine, and filet mignons.

We had an excellent dinner but I kept on drinking wine while she showered & got ready for bed.

Once in bed, I tried to initiate sex but she balked & said she wasn't ready.

In my inebriated state, I got deeply hurt & angry and did my usual regressive behavior of withdrawing and going to lay on the bed in the guest bedroom.

She came downstairs and tried to talk to me but I was incoherent & mumbled something about repairing the lawnmower.

So she left.

And I lashed-out with mean-spirited texts, and stopped her ATM card. My usual 2-year-old toddler tantrum when I am in this state.

I've repaired most of the damage I think, but it [censored] as my heart was in the right place but I didn't control my alcohol. I definitely lost credibility.

I told her I won't drink when she's around, and I will respect her wish to take things slowly.

We have a counseling session on Monday, but I feel terrible for screwing-up. I've been struggling with alcohol for a while now, so I dumped all my booze out in the woods tonight.

One step forward, two-steps back. The exact same situation occurred the night she left in September. I was drunk, felt rejected by her & lost control of my emotions & ability to think. frown

Me: 46
Ex: 38
Married: 10
Together: 12
No Children
Separated (again): 09/06/13
Divorced: 02/27/15
newton0 #2407259 11/22/13 01:52 AM
K
K
Show her through actions how you are going to stop drinking. You need to quit. I am an alcoholic, you need to admit this to yourself also and join an AA group in your area for support and working through the 12 steps.

H: 29
WAXW: 30

Bomb Drop- 9/9/13
Negotiated Settlement- 5/9/14
D Final- 5/21/14
XW has breakdown in attorney lobby- 5/30/14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard