Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
L
LBH_LC Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Previous Thread

Hey all, been lurking lately. Nothing much has been new with me. Mainly still GAL. I finally rejoined the gym on Tuesday after being away for a few months due to lightheadedness. (I was cleared by the doctors, my body is just not used to being 39% smaller.)

I have a court date Thursday. I was speaking with my T on Thursday and I predicted that my STBX would be texting me over the weekend. Sure enough, I heard from her last night. We still do not be in agreement over a settlement, but she suggested we get together to talk about it. We may possibly do this Sunday night, but I don't expect it to actually happen. I feel pretty proud that I did not respond negatively to her antagonism and baiting in her texts. Now I need to decide what to wear to the meeting if it does happen. (One of my 180s is dressing better.)

On the whole, I've been trying not to think about my sitch over the past few weeks and concentrating on myself. Largely feel numb about it. Not sure if that's healthy or not, but that's where I am.

M
M
Get a tailored suit... Oh yeah... Not only will it make feel awesome, you will be turning heads... Oh yeah... Wouldn't that just get the W's unmentionables in a knot, eh? All them womens eyeballing you...

I am really impressed with you Lefty. Proud of you... Keep on your journey, brother.

Keep us posted as to what happens.

“Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out” ― Art Linkletter

M - 06/01
D - 05/14
L
LBH_LC Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hah, she just cancelled, like I knew she would.

M
M
Cancelled, huh? Interesting... Did she give a reason as to why?

“Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out” ― Art Linkletter

M - 06/01
D - 05/14
L
LBH_LC Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Nope.

P
P
Lightheaded after a 40% weight reduction........PANSY!!! smile

Its interesting how much more my joints "pop" and knees ache now after the loss......

So what are you doing these days??? Im finding some real amazing BOS to CA flight prices and am thinking about heading out there in feb/march to warm up- Its mother freaking COLD up here when your BMI is "Normal". No wonder obesity is around 80% up here. My friend was in shorts and a long sleeve t shirt on Sat- I was already in a wool sweater -it was in the 50's.

Anything on the job front? Ive decided im going to hold off looking to upgrade for another year- let all the other changes (everything BUT my job and D3.5) calm down a bit.

VERY GLAD to read your back at the gym. Have you met someone who hasnt seen you in a year? Do they recognize you? Its almost game like on my side:)

OUR WIVES ARE FLAKES!!!!!! Yet I, like you, fall for it every time. We get some sort of communication from them and immediately overthink. Maybe its because we are, deep down, emotional optimists.WE CANT CHANGE THAT! Our future loved ones will dig that about us

smile

ME 38 W 37
T18 M5
D3
BD 1/7/13
PA Conf 2/11/13- Ongoing
2nd simultaneous affair Confirmed 4/19/13
W gets APT and begins transition out 5/29/13
First mediation appt 12/19/13

L
LBH_LC Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted By: Positivespin
Lightheaded after a 40% weight reduction........PANSY!!! smile

I know, right?

Quote:
Its interesting how much more my joints "pop" and knees ache now after the loss......

I haven't noticed that; I've always been kinda creaky, I guess!

Quote:
So what are you doing these days??? Im finding some real amazing BOS to CA flight prices and am thinking about heading out there in feb/march to warm up- Its mother freaking COLD up here when your BMI is "Normal". No wonder obesity is around 80% up here. My friend was in shorts and a long sleeve t shirt on Sat- I was already in a wool sweater -it was in the 50's.

If you ever make it out here, let me know, we'll have to meet up! I'll show you the sites! We've been having an indian summer out here. It was in the low 90s over the weekend—no lie! Supposed to be in the 80s through Sunday.

I've taken to keeping a hoodie in my (casual) workplace because they keep it so damn cold in here, so I know what you mean!

Quote:
Anything on the job front? Ive decided im going to hold off looking to upgrade for another year- let all the other changes (everything BUT my job and D3.5) calm down a bit.

Nothing yet, but still looking. Public sector jobs are always the last to recover from a recession.

I'm working very hard at the non-profit and making some great connections. Accompanying the director to a statewide conference next month. Really looking forward to that.

Quote:
VERY GLAD to read your back at the gym. Have you met someone who hasnt seen you in a year? Do they recognize you? Its almost game like on my side:)

Yeah, I'm glad to be back there too! My lifts are so bad compared to where they were though! Oh well, I'll soon be back where I was. I'm going to my sister's this weekend, she and her husband haven't seen me in a few months. My niece will be there too, she hasn't seen me since November, I think. Should be fun!

Quote:
OUR WIVES ARE FLAKES!!!!!! Yet I, like you, fall for it every time. We get some sort of communication from them and immediately overthink. Maybe its because we are, deep down, emotional optimists.WE CANT CHANGE THAT! Our future loved ones will dig that about us

Man, you hit the nail on the head. I am totally an idealist and an optimist when it comes to love. The next few days and court date should be rough; my W's numbers have no basis in reality.

It's remarkable how completely unwavering my W has been in her escape trajectory, even with how difficult things have been financially for her since she left. Is she still in the fog or does she have perfect clarity?

I was thinking on my way to work yesterday. In many ways, I was a WAS first. If not physically, than emotionally. I was just checked out. I guess I'm getting what I deserve now.

Well, I can only control what I can control. I'm going to keep focusing on myself and my future. Who knows what it will bring?

L
LBH_LC Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Just got back from court. Yep, this is going to get uglier before it gets better.

M
M
Ruh roo...

Care to share to ease the burden?

M - 06/01
D - 05/14
L
LBH_LC Offline OP
OP Offline
L
We are just nowhere near an agreement as to a fair settlement and she has made statements relevant to the settlement that are so outrageous that I find it difficult to believe they were made in good faith. Others I know she knows are patently false, like how I refuse to meet/speak with her when I have texts proving she cancels every time. She got her financial statement to my lawyer and me yesterday and then got upset that we did not have a response ready.

I have read the law in my state and I believe my offer is fair and reflects that, but she is wanting much more than she is entitled to and she is upset that I am not rolling over for her and giving her things she is not entitled to. She is blaming me for the choices SHE made. To her, I'm still the one who is responsible for all the bad things in her life. I think she blames me for her current financial state and maybe even her illness.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard