Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
2old Offline OP
OP Offline

quote=2old
2old Offline OP
OP Offline
Six Months, 5 threads, what lies ahead?....where will it all end?....

quote=2old
A
A
Originally Posted By: 2old
Six Months, 5 threads, what lies ahead?....where will it all end?....

It doesn't end, DB'ing is the path to a new you that will always seek to be a better and better person smile It's the end of selfishness and the beginning of a spiritual awakening.

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
2old Offline OP
OP Offline
AS, I know what your saying to be true. Let me ask of you what you think about staying dark and n/c, You pretty much know my sitch and how I my contacts with WAW seem to do nothing more than garner a canned response of ty's. Did you experience such a time with your WAW where there was a serious lack of contacts and or cold responses?

I think I read how you were surprised that she left or was leaving you. My thing is I had no idea what was about to happen and how everything was seemingly normal only to all change in a matter of just a few hours. To this day 6 months later I am still bothered by this.

I understand there may never be a straight answer but just to try and put it in perspective is where I am at today. 13 years together 6 married and I never saw this coming. To go from normal to her behaving like she is even today is baffling to me. If you read this Cadet, no I havent figured out how to drink coffee with a fork while hanging from the ceiling yet...lol..

I really try to accept the out to lunch or in a deep fog theory for a reasoning but none the less its still confusing...Oh well, just journaling here tonite thinking about how I got here. Funny how it seems the ones who you really figure would not behave like this end up doing just that.....Lesson learned right there I would imagine...

quote=2old
H
H
2old, I have said this before I am sure, but I am still asking the same questions as you. Except it is 12 months down the track.
While I can acknowledge my behaviours, the sake of everything going from normal to total shock was also a matter of hours. Having the family and friends be just as surprised and shocked, with none of them seeing this coming is icing on the cake.
I am still bothered by the same question you ask yourself. What happened? Why? Why did she not even ask to go to MC?
All I can do is accept this is now her journey. Do I stay and wait? Who knows.

ME:51 W:46
M:25
S:22, S:20
Divorced 16/9/15
BD 10/12
W left 12/12 with OW, affair confirmed Nov/12.
Dark since 6/13
I"m in a new relationship since Feb 14.
2old Offline OP
OP Offline
HWA, after reading your earlier post that I responded to got me to thinking about this stuff tonight... Sooooo its all yer damn fault..lololol...Nah not really, but it did make me wonder what the #$@! happened again. I guess as I continue on my new journey and as things ease up emotionally and mentally that the down moments are a little more deeper in thought.

I'm getting ready for a move some 500 miles from where I am now and back to an area the W and lived for 5 plus years. I have some good friends there and looking forward to really GALing. It's funny how you and I seem to have similiar journeys going from entirely opposite ends of the planet...ha..

quote=2old
H
H
2old, we certainly do seem to have very similar journeys, including the moving. Wow.

Sorry, I think about "what the *&%? happened" often as well. Even speaking to my brother this afternoon. It will probably be a question that will stay with us for many years, even after we have gotten over the marriage.

ME:51 W:46
M:25
S:22, S:20
Divorced 16/9/15
BD 10/12
W left 12/12 with OW, affair confirmed Nov/12.
Dark since 6/13
I"m in a new relationship since Feb 14.
P
P
I don't think LBS ever knew what hit them.
My situation was that there were signs which i'm not alert enough to pick up on. I thought my W had finally accepted me as i am when the nagging stopped. I didn't know it then but i see it now.
It's like a tsunami. Out in the oceans it looks calm but when it reaches shore, the devastation it leaves behind is so immense. It takes years to rebuild and recover.

M35 XW34
D5 D4
M 6years T 10years
Bomb 5/2013
Joint Petition signed 6/2013
Moved out end of 8/2013
Court Hearing of Joint Petition 9/2013
D finalized in 3 months - no news yet
2old Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi planet, yes I've been reen reading your sitch. Your right most LBS' didn't know what was about to go down. We all acknowledge there were problems in our M's. Nothing is perfect. It simply seems today people are not loyal or dedicated to the person they committed to. Look at the numbers of divorces world wide it's huge.

Disposable people syndrome. As this continues to spiral out of control so will society. The numbers of people and families affected by this is astonishing.
No values = no morals..........

quote=2old
P
P
Originally Posted By: 2old
It simply seems today people are not loyal or dedicated to the person they committed to. Look at the numbers of divorces world wide it's huge.

Disposable people syndrome. As this continues to spiral out of control so will society. The numbers of people and families affected by this is astonishing.
No values = no morals..........

I can understand how you feel about your situation.
I just hope these are not resentment, blame-shifting and anger on your part. It will not help any one 'see' their marital problems for what they are.
I also understand that the LBS should not bear 100% of the problems in their marriage. The WAS should take up the other half.

M35 XW34
D5 D4
M 6years T 10years
Bomb 5/2013
Joint Petition signed 6/2013
Moved out end of 8/2013
Court Hearing of Joint Petition 9/2013
D finalized in 3 months - no news yet
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard