Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
W
OP Offline
W
Hello friends!

I took awhile off this site. I was worried about my lack of privacy, given that "someone" as my X calls the new love of his life seems to monitor my every internet move. And my X defended this by saying she figured it out by googling the screen name I also used to play an online game...... Stalking is still stalking. But I digress. I don't call her OW because I am no longer part of that drama filled game.

Anyway, I don't really care who reads this stuff. I miss my internet friends. I gained so much from reading other peoples threads. And yes, I finally quit cooking his dinner and buying his food. It took me a long time, though.

We are still in the same house, which still hasn't sold. Tough times. My good friend is a real estate broker in FLA. I told her that the last 3 sales in my neighborhood have been people buying to tear down. She thinks that is hurting selling my house. And I can't afford to sell my nice house for a tear down price. So it is a waiting game.

My new job is going well. It is more complicated than I thought. I have 10 different passwords for various programs I use in my job. And I have 4 different computers I work on, two on one desk, two on another. Often times I am doing 3 different tasks, sort of at the same time. And taking crazy phone calls. I am getting pretty good at solving peoples computer problems, though that isn't at all in my job description. The number one reason people can't get their computer access card to work right is because they mix up their passwords.

I continue to attempt to date, with hilarious results. My second meeting with a guy from eHarmony started off well with a meeting at a meditation. But went sideways when he realized he had hit a curb before the meditation and bent his rim. He had a complete melt-down and let's just say I wasn't impressed. Everyone knows you can't get your car fixed on a Saturday night, at least not in Hawaii! So why spend two hors calling everyone in Oahu and a few people on the mainland trying to figure it out?

Anyway, Aloha all!

Wendy

Me 57 XH 58 Sons age 32 & 27 M:32
D final 9/12
Bought 10 Acres and Living the Dream!
job Offline
Hi Wendy!
I'm glad you came back to post an update. I've been wondering how you have been doing.

The housing market here isn't much better and I do understand why you are waiting patiently to sell. I don't blame you at all. So, how's the living arrangement going? Is he still acting out or has he pretty much settled down into a routine now that you aren't doing anything for him?

Your job sounds like a busy one with lots of "memory" time. All of those passwords keep your mind focused on your work. I'm sure you are meeting a lot of interesting people in your line of work.

As for the eHarmony guy, at least you were able to see his true colors before spending too much of your time w/him. When you least expect it, the right one will walk into your life.

Wendy, please take care of yourself.

Aloha!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
L
L
Hi WenikiTiki,

So glad I came across your post, I’m in a similar situation whereby I’m going through a D and still have to reside in the same house as W. She’s moving on at lightening speed (and I get to see too much), and I as the LBS am just about crawling forward.

I can agree with you it’s not a nice situation. I hope your situation improves, I’m praying for mine to do the same.

Lanzo

R
R
Living in the same house while going through a D is extremely hard. Make sure you keep your cool don't loose ur temper. It was the 2 most difficult years of my life. So take care of yourself. The WAS will move things really fast at first but mine slowed down when reality hit. She changed lawyers twice at the last minute. By the end I offered to help her move because I needed it to be over. So hang in there and do it with dignity

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

L
L
Hey Wendy, glad you're back and have left the drama behind.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
K
kml Offline
K
Welcome back, Wen. Sorry you're still stuck in the house with the ex though. And that Ms. Creepy is still stalking you; tells you all you need to know about her character.

L
L
Batten down the hatches, girl!

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
W
W
Your Life Is So Much Better Now, Why Think About Her At All?

W
OP Offline
W
Tropical Depression Flossy didn't do much except put some leaves into my pool.

I've been trying to catch up more on some threads. But as I continue my GAL activities and my job I find myself stretched thin. I lift weights two nights a week. And try to SUP 2-3 nights a week.

It was a good past coupe of days for me at work. I turned an irritated employee into the catalyst to solve a long-running problem with the computer-access cards. The head of the IT department saw me in the hallway this morning and said: "Way to go, Wendy!" I have always been a good problem solver, it is so nice to be being paid for it!

Oh well, time to pay bills!

Aloha All!

Me 57 XH 58 Sons age 32 & 27 M:32
D final 9/12
Bought 10 Acres and Living the Dream!
job Offline
Wendy,
Glad to hear that the storm didn't do much damage in your area. I often think of you and hope that you are doing well. How is the family doing?

Your problem solving techniques will help you to go far in the IT world.

Hang in there!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard