Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
S
OP Offline
S
Hey Betsey! You and Ashley would get along well. She Loves Fall! Her birthday is in Sept so that kicks it off for her.

Very hot here too but extremely windy - that forced me indoors. Boo!

But I got so much done. I'm feeling like I will be ready for my trip. Packing list & organizing done. Bills pd. registration completed & craft tools packed. 1o days till I leave - I will be ready!

And I am not waiting for any more shoes to drop. I've grown a thicker skin so throw your army boots - can't hurt me now!

Barb

Lol, I'm not going to throw anything at you! You've had enough in the past. After all, aren't we here to lift each other up? grin

Glad I have a sister in autumn loving. Less than 2 weeks until I change all my decor and set out my scarecrow people and fall paraphernalia. It makes me happy just typing this.

Let the countdown begin!

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
K
K
Fall is my favorite time. I like the cooler days. I just don't take the heat well so I was very happy only having maybe 10 days of hot weather. I love fresh snow though I don't love driving in the deep stuff or ice.

Barb have a lovely time. I am happy for you getting the time away.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
S
OP Offline
S
Ahhh girlfriends - you DO lift me up!

For me - Autumn always meant Back To Work! I loved the sense of order & new beginnings but I hated the kids going back, growing up, moving on. I wanted to freeze time. I SO enjoyed summers at the cottage with Brandon & Ashley. Ryan hated it so it was our break with him going to summer day camps & one on workers at home.

Last summer was much hotter. Then it changed on a dime at Labour Day & here it was one of the gloomiest autumns ever! I was trying to plan a Disney trip for Ryan & that witch fought me every inch of the way. I'm so glad we have another trip planned - so easy this time & we are all very enthused about our Halloween visit.

Gineen - I'm with you - let's hold on to every minute! It feels weird to be packing & realizing I will need gloves & a winter hat - I'm going to a glacier in summer! What am I thinking?

Betsey & Kat - I must say that I DO love Fall decorating. I even change the couch throw & pillows to orange & reds! September means Ashley's birthday & this year a wedding that my son is in & we will all attend. Much to look fwd to!

My sister & nephew are coming tomm for a visit. She is also a single Mom of 3. It is nice that she will have someone on one time with her youngest & we've got big plans for swim, sun, boating & campfire asper their request but also the things we love most about living in Muskoka.

Forgot to mention the celebrity stuff. We have so many living here in summer. Ash has SO hoped to see one. She left work 15 min early last Friday & Martin Short came in right after that. Her boyfriend had seen him in the bank (my bank) earlier in the summer. Then he ran into Kate Hudson last week. Kurt & Goldie are often at the market.

Speaking of the market - gotta run & get ready. I'm volunteering for the library today - selling books at the market. Hope the storm holds off a while longer!

Everyone - enjoy the day!

Barb

Barb,

So lovely to read how your life is evolving in such a wonderful way. Have a great time on your cruise. I had family up here {and by here I mean Alaska} to visit two weeks ago {My son got married in our back yard but that is a story for another day} and we took them all to walk on a glacier. Everyone should see on or walk on one if they ever have the chance. It's amazing. Wave as you pass by. wink

Take good care, dear.
~ swl

Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear. {Henry Wadsworth Longfellow}
S
OP Offline
S
Hey Sissy!

Nice to hear from you. I was looking at the tour to the glacier with whale watching - I will do it! Thanks for the suggestion.

I will be visiting Juneau, Kethican & Skagway.

Nice your son got married in the backyard. My daughter tells me that's what she plans when the time comes too! Love it!

Barb

M
M
Take TONS of pics Barb. An Alaskan cruise is high on my list of 'must dos'!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
OP Offline
S
Mish: I plan on it! Any suggestions on excursions? Have any of your clients been particularly impressed?

Barb

M
M
I only do corporate travel so I'm pretty clueless about it. One of my co-workers loved the rail trip in Skagway that goes on the old gold trail. I forget what it's called but it leaves from right there at the port. It's fairly expensive but she said it is WELL worth it!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
OP Offline
S
Ya - I am considering that one. Thanks! I also found a plane trip to the Yukon! Might do that one too

Barb

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard