Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
#2367985 07/16/13 09:39 PM
J
JuneReN Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Here is my last thread:

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...853#Post2367853

So, being at H's apt, I find a letter...be careful what you hope for...

In it details his love for XGF and how he loved her from the minute he saw her (I don't know when this was)

That when he left he knows he hurt me badly and that maintaining a friendship with me was his way of making sure I would be okay. Whereas when XGF and her H split, they had tried and it was mutual.

That our friendship was a mistake and he knew GF was a strong person and thought she could handle it.

How she is the first and last thing he thinks of every day and when he holds her he is at peace.

That friending me on FB was silly and juvenile, but they had just broken up. How he loves her, but as she said, he can't make her love him back.

I guess they had a huge three hour conversation and he says he has finally closed that part of his life. He had hoped it would give them a chance to have a life together, but she had already left.

That H admits I never saw him leaving coming and he had a lot of pain and guilt with it, so the friendship with me was to make sure I would be okay, but he had already given his heart to her.

That he hopes the next person is able to give her the love and respect she felt H did not.

It kind of hurts to realize he was in love...was he? I don't know, help me out here. Don't need kind words or sympathy (well I do, but besides the point) but some help from who ever has been in this sitch.

I really got to get back to DB in terms of being the spouse only a fool would leave. My thing is, he has left already.

Help frown

PS. The quote comes from "Thinking you are ordinary robs you of the chance to be extraordinary"

Be extraordinary my friends...for you, for your families and all those you love!! smile

M
M
Oh he definitely was "in love". In fact, if you look back at your relationship, you probably can remember the times when he said those things about you.

The problem that it's a romanticized love. Once the initial thrill wears off and you're left with the stresses of everyday life and when you start to argue with one another, that "romanticized" view quickly fades away.

He's an idiot to think it would always be like that.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
J
JuneReN Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Now, how to love unconditionally when someone was willing to toss you (our friendship) in the garbage for the sake of another relationship.

Although, I know, if there was an emergency, or I really needed H, he would be there. Just not for the everyday.

Now is the time to be extraordinary.

J
JuneReN Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: MrBond
Oh he definitely was "in love". In fact, if you look back at your relationship, you probably can remember the times when he said those things about you.

The problem that it's a romanticized love. Once the initial thrill wears off and you're left with the stresses of everyday life and when you start to argue with one another, that "romanticized" view quickly fades away.

He's an idiot to think it would always be like that.

wink

I needed that reminder....

T
T
^^^^Bond has it right!!!

You ARE extraordinary!!

M: 9 yrs
T: 13 yrs
H:34 Me:35, S4, D2, S 7 months
Dday 11/12-PA & multiple PAs
Dbing 12/12
S 1/13
7/13 H moved back in basement.
8/13 #3 born
10/13 still cheating
10/13 He moves across country, I file for D
J
JuneReN Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Tally!! How's my preggo running sistah??

Trouble is, it took 20 years the first time lol!! I ain't got that long to wait lmao!!

U
U
Kate, I am sorry you saw that letter. I am sure it was hard to read.

You really dont know what his mindset was when he wrote it, though, right?

The thing about unconditional love is that you love because that is your decision (with regard as to whether or not you are loved back. smile

And that is extraordinary. smile

U
U
Sigh, shoud read.....

The thing about unconditional love is that you love because that is yur decision, without regard as to whether you are loved in return.

T
T
I'm great, lady!! Itchin' for more running! I've got my last 5k in 2 weeks...I'll be 38 weeks. Trying to run is little butt right out!

It hurts to see that stuff, but remember, it it NOT a real love. It's just not. Real love is baby puke on your shirt, and morning breathe. Whoever doesn't love that, isn't worth it to me. I'll take that over rainbows and butterflies any day! Rainbows fade...morning breathe is forever.

M: 9 yrs
T: 13 yrs
H:34 Me:35, S4, D2, S 7 months
Dday 11/12-PA & multiple PAs
Dbing 12/12
S 1/13
7/13 H moved back in basement.
8/13 #3 born
10/13 still cheating
10/13 He moves across country, I file for D
J
JuneReN Offline OP
OP Offline
J
*snort*

I really love you guys.

Unconditional is unconditional, cuz garbage or no, I would be there if he needed. Not panting to have him back or having any expectations, just because I love him...bleah. Be easier if he was an a$$hole. :P

Any day now Tally, any day!!

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard