Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2361971 06/27/13 01:30 AM
D
dbmod Offline OP
OP Offline
D
H newcomers!

Just want to let you know that while our goal into approve posts within 24 hours, there are times when this moderation takes longer. Summer is sporadic. Approval can go quickly, and at times, take a bit longer.

Please hang in there.

What helps a moderator approve your posts more quickly?
-stick to one thread -- it is wonderful that you support others as a newbie, and we don't want to stop you from doing so. Approving posts goes much more quickly when they are on one thread. This is a tip, not a mandate.
-follow the terms of service

We hope you are enjoying the summer.

Remember to focus on the positive aspects in your relationship and in your life. What you focus on EXPANDS.

All the BEST-

dbmod
dbmod #2362351 06/28/13 06:49 AM
S
S
Thank you for posting this--Im currently on moderation and was just about to ask a similar question smile much appreciated on the info!

Me(F): 29, P: 29
T: 5yrs
BD: 8/2012 (ILYBNILWY)
BD #2: 1/2013

"While I breathe, I hope." -Cicero

dbmod #2362432 06/28/13 03:49 PM
C
C
I think DB is trying to say to stick to one thread for your own journey until you get to 100 posts.

And I guess once you are off of moderation start to post on other threads.

Plus I am sure that following the TOS is a mandate!

Me-70, D37,S36
Cadet #2371653 07/28/13 11:00 PM
H
H
I know that you rely on moderation to sensor what people say on the forums but I must say it's difficult to get the help and support one requires when it takes several days for someone to approve your posts. I have to assume that when people post seeking advice they could use the info relatively quick. I'm voicing my opinion on this matter because it has taken several days for a simple post to be shown. I have no doubt that the moderators have lives to live but this site which caters to the needs of many people who need help needs to either have more moderators or a more simplistic way of approving posts.

HAWKSTA #2371930 07/29/13 08:25 PM
P
P
I agree with Hawksta. I'm sorry, but I started a thread a while back and was starting to get some good advice, but now it has been since July 23 since any of my posts have been updated and posted. I even tried a new thread to see if that would get more notice, but still nothing.

M
M
Life is difficult enough, especially now, and there are plenty of "moderators" already looking over us. We absolutely don't need another one. Make one thread, like a "welcome to the forum" thread where people just introduce themselves as new to the forum, and others can welcome them. Makes it a bit easier to get to the 100 posts and out of the "monitored" status. Also, makes us feel a little more like a community of supporters. Other thoughts or ideas, constructive critisism?

"Do what you can
With what you have
Where you are"
- Theo. Roosevelt

M:40
W:40
D13, D11
M: 11/1997
R
R
I personally Think In my opinion that with the exception of the world in regulation allow people to go and if they are obnoxious or going againSt the rules give them their warning or give them the boot from the site because it does take a tremendously long for a post and I'm in dire need of aDvice and its been days since I posted nothing is going.

Rominique #2380867 08/30/13 08:16 AM
M
M
I am in need of advice and I posted a couple of days ago and reposted again yesterday and nothing has showed up. How much longer? frown

OLD THREAD:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2380569#Post2380569

Me: 44
Him: 51
Married: 9 years
Together: 14 years
D
dbmod Offline OP
OP Offline
D
There are a few great ideas on here. I will close this thread and employ some of them--including recreating the introduction thread.

This site uses few, very long term moderators. This site also has very long term 'vets' with great wisdom and hep,

dbmod
mathwichi #2382300 09/04/13 04:34 PM
A
A
Originally Posted By: HAWKSTA
I know that you rely on moderation to sensor what people say on the forums but I must say it's difficult to get the help and support one requires when it takes several days for someone to approve your posts.

We all come here thinking we're in emergency damage control mode. But the truth is, we all have lots of time. We just don't realize it. People should sign up here, make an intro post and then make small, frequent updates to the same thread and soon enough they'll be off moderation. In the meantime they should read DB and/ or DR and read as many other threads here as they can. The same advice is offered over and over again, new people are not going to be told anything that hasn't already been told to many others.

Originally Posted By: mathwichi
Life is difficult enough, especially now, and there are plenty of "moderators" already looking over us. We absolutely don't need another one. Make one thread, like a "welcome to the forum" thread where people just introduce themselves as new to the forum, and others can welcome them. Makes it a bit easier to get to the 100 posts and out of the "monitored" status. Also, makes us feel a little more like a community of supporters. Other thoughts or ideas, constructive critisism?

I think you misinderstood, you're not on moderation until you hit 100 posts. Some people get taken off moderation quickly, in just half a dozen or so posts. It depends on the availability of the moderators. They just leave people on moderation long enough to determine that they're not here to spam , advertise, or promote non-DB'ing info.

The 100 post count is the imposed limit of thread length. You're supposed to keep posting to a single thread (whether you're on moderation or not) until you get to 100 posts (including replies), then you start a new thread. In your first post of the new thread, post a link to the old thread so people can review it if needed.

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard