Married:8
Together:10
S:5,4 and 8 months
BD: 4/1/13
W move out day: 5/4/13
ILYBNINWY,WAS. No talk of wanting to save relationship
M
M
Have you ever read DR or DR? They're in there.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
L
L
Originally Posted By: JaxFL14
Ok and where are these rules?

Sandi's Rules

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
J
JaxFL14 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yes, read both just don't remember them being called that. I found them.

M:33
W:32
E
etc Offline
E
Well, at least I feel like I've got company! If you're interested, you can read about my sitch here - pretty similar: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...453#Post2364453

Going dark w/kids & finances in the mix is incredibly difficult. Maybe dim would be a better approach?

Some of my thoughts at the moment...

It seems that when the switch is off, it's off... I'm setting a personal time limit for a couple months. If we're not at least dating by then, I'll be agreeing to proceed with mediated D.

Fighting/Delaying D can be considered pressure if W wants out. I feel like some of the DBing stuff can easily play into increasing Nice Guy (NG) behaviors (i.e., becoming the H only a fool would leave). There's probably a balance, but it's tricky to figure that out.

IMO, Ws are leaving their Hs these days b/c they're tired of the NG behaviors. They get the man they want (maybe even a "bad boy" to start!) and then turn him into a NG. Finally they're bored with who they've unconsciously helped form (or, p-whipped). All the while, they want a man who challenges them. They don't want another kid for a H. This is difficult for long-term NGs.

Have you read Glover's "No More Mr. Nice Guy"? I know I wish I could drop my NG behaviors. I'm working on this now as part of my 180s. I probably wouldn't be where I'm at now if I would have maintained my own identity and not become so co-dependent over the years. I guess that's what IC is for.

ETC

J
JaxFL14 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I def feel being too much of a Nice guy has hurt in some aspects of my marriage but I know who I am and I know that's not the cause of this. I know I have done things wrong but what can you do when your W says that she just knows who she is and wants to live alone? I know some of that is bull but I really so know my W and I can actually see her as that kind of women. I still struggle with how a W that has a 5, 4 and a now 9 MONTH old, would decide to do this? And knowing that she said it all came upon when she was about 2 months pregnant with the baby, just makes me think that hormones are playing a huge roll. Maybe that's just me reaching for some explanation. As I was reminded a few post ago, I am very early on in my marathon. I have a long way to go. And I take hope in that given more time she will realize she wants to try to make the marriage work. We did NOT have a bad marriage all. No fighting, had fun, but didn't work at keeping our love alive to the point she needed I guess. Never made time for just the two of us to stay connected the way I wish we would have. So I'm giving into the plan and letting time do its thing. Will continue with GAL, working in myself and the things I want to improve on for myself, having fun with my 3 young boys and staying healthy. Back in my 32" jeans. Lol. Praying for everyone out there going through this. Take care.

R
R
Ha! I'm down to 30". When I bought new jeans (Levi's, but not the standard looser ones I always have worn) W let me know how much she liked them: "Turn around... lift up your [untucked] shirt." Do not believe any of what you hear.... LOL.

M:46
W:46
M:25;T:29
S:25; D:17
BD:12/22/12
D process begun:1/21/13
W moves out:3/1/2013

Anyone who isn't embarrassed of who they were last year probably isn't learning enough- Alain De Botton

E
etc Offline
E
Jax, sounds so much like me and my sitch too. Not that we should be spending much time analyzing Ws (they're on their own journeys), but it sounds a lot like depression is playing a role here. Has your W seen an IC?

I've been so tempted to show DR to my W, but I know it will only backfire.

Question: How has your W reacted to you spending more quality fun time with your Bs? Is that a 180 for you?

ETC

J
JaxFL14 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
My W claims to be seeing a counselor but I have not seen the insurance receipts come through the mail like mine do so I say she is lying. But I wasn't the one that asked that, she told a friend that we both are. As far as seeing the boys, that would be a BIG NO!!! Because of the situation we are in, I actually see my boys less. I have always been a very involved dad. that was never an issue. I hate seeing them less and I hate hearing them tell me they don't want to stay at mommies and want us to live together again. It's rough, as we all know.

J
JaxFL14 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Last 5 days I have as I said I have gone Dim on my wife, (due to hard to go dark with young kids involved). Well today she texted me about having to fire someone at her business. I listened, validated and then ended the conversation without dragging it on. Felt good. Baby steps.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard