Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
job #2307758 12/17/12 05:33 PM
B
B
This is what this time of year is really all about! What a very special thing they are doing for Ryan and you!! Thanks for sharing this with us.

BA

S
OP Offline
S
Today was lovely! We had hors d'oevers (made by me) and cookies and I baked brownies - warm out of the oven when they came. Our tree, mantle and banisters were lit and we had several scented candles lit. It was very warm and welcoming.

The girls were very much at ease. Although they work in our home, they are not often in our living room and never all together. But there was a warm camaraderie.

And they brought Santa. They had asked me for a Santa suit and beard which I had found inexpensively. I'm not even sure who wore the suit - I suspect one of their husbands. They bought Ryan the perfect gift and he gave them each a gift that I had helped him buy and they loved them!

We shared stories, photos of his Disney trip, memories.

I honestly think that this was exactly what needed to happen to help me get past some things that have happened. I told them how much I appreciate them and how much Ryan loves them. I think they needed to hear that too.

Lots warm, fuzzies here today.

Barb

job Offline
What a beautiful day! So many new memories were made and I'm very glad that Ryan had a good time. Your home sounds delightful and full of holiday cheer. Barb, know that the girls and "Santa" will be talking about this visit for a long time to come.

I am thrilled that everything fell into place. May the holidays be bright and cheerful for you and your family. The new year just may be the best year yet for you and your family.

Thank you for sharing.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2307968 12/18/12 05:04 PM
M
M
That sounds absolutely lovely Barb!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks! I will you both a wonderful holiday as well!

I think I'm finally done the decorating and wrapping. Almost all the specialty food is done (except the shrimp dip which I'll be doing shortly). We have invited a lot of new friends here this afternoon for a holiday get together. Many have gone to the city so it won't be big. But a couple of people told us they will be pleased to come over so we look forward to getting to know some of our new townsfolk better.

I sent out photo greetings this year of the whole FAM DAMILY in our pjs from last Christmas in front of the fire. I decided to send them as well to Ryan's doctors who saved his life and the lawyers who helped him attain the funds for nursing care. We have not been in touch for a LONG time. I wanted to tell them about our move.

I got a call a couple of days ago from one of the lawyers. We had been in court for about 10 years together. He was just thrilled to hear about Ryan's thriving life. That is what he worked so hard to help us with. Then - I got a card from Ryan's paediatrician. Now retired from the hospital but practising every summer in Ghana. It was a small gesture to send them an update but it did my heart good to hear back from them.

And we just learned of a long standing tradition in our little village. Santa rides around town on Christmas Eve on a Fire Truck! And everyone tailgates along the route. LOL! I LOVE this place!!!

Brandon arrived last night from the city. He took the bus and I picked him up in town. (not to be confused with our village - it is 20 min away - the bus does not come here). Josh cooked a lovely dinner while I was off to get him and do some last minute grocery shopping and bought a huge climbing tower for the kitties from Santa.

Ashley has to work today in Niagara. She is driving up tonight and will arrive around 10. Wont' make it to our party but tommorrow will just be family time.

I wish every one of you a joyous, warm and loving holiday. Remember that despite all the things that are wrong in your world - there is a multitude of things that are right. Hold those you love close to you and rise above the negativity. Forge new traditions but keep those most dear to you.

Cheers!

Barb

job Offline
Barb,
Enjoy your party this afternoon/evening. I'm sure all of the guests will enjoy themselves and the new people will learn what a beautiful person you are, as well as getting to know Josh and your children.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Merry Christmas, Barb, to you and your family. Have a glorious time with those you hold dear.

~ swl

Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear. {Henry Wadsworth Longfellow}
M
M
Merry Christmas Barb! All of your plans sound lovely. Of course, how could they not be? You arranged them!!! smile You're SO good at that!!!! I'm always impressed at how you pull these things off with seemingly such ease. HUGS!

Our city does the same thing! Santa rides around town on the fire truck through every sub-division. Granted, there are over 35,000 people in our town so it takes multiple trucks and a few different Santa's but they get it done. They do ours the Saturday before Christmas but no one tailgates. That sounds really fun!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
OP Offline
S
Mish: That sounds awesome! THanks for your sweet comments. The party was fun. The 2 hours pre-party - not so much. I stress about details but we pulled it off!

Sissy - longtime no chat. Thanks so much for the warm wishes. I hope you have a lovely Christmas.

Snodderly - I really appreciate your kind words and lovely wishes. All the best to you and yours.

Barb

Originally Posted By: SunFunOne

Sissy - longtime no chat. Thanks so much for the warm wishes. I hope you have a lovely Christmas.
Barb

Too long, Barb. I am out there, I will say *hi ya* .
Thanks for the warm wishes. It feels so good to have survived it all, doesn't it?
~ swl aka Cissy

Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear. {Henry Wadsworth Longfellow}
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard