Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2288471 10/11/12 05:20 PM
O
OP Offline
O
Hey guys I thought I would ask about why after a year of being fully D, I am having crazy feelings. I mean I have moved on I think after being apart for so long. I even have someone special in my life right now and I though I was very happy until this month when it is my one year anniversary. I have not shed a tear in about a year and a half and I found myself crying the other day after talking to one of my girls.
After being on these boards for so long and listening to the vets I thought I would be far better off now, but these darn emotions. Please tell me this will pass. Just need to hear it from the people that I know will not give me lip service.

C
C
Sounds to me like you never finished fully grieving.

I am not sure that you can avoid it.
At some point it comes back to haunt you.

Grief is NORMAL.
Face it and deal with it.
Dont take the easy way out to avoid it.

At least that is my .02

Me-70, D37,S36
K
K
That sounds about right. I read an article about Liam Neeson and how he kept himself super busy after his wife died suddenly from a head injury. He thought he was doing great because he had kept himself preoccupied. When he finally slowed down, the grief hit and he cried off and on for some time.

Divorce isn't much different...you are mourning the life of a marriage as well as the life you knew. Let it out. I am a bit over 4 years out from divorce. It took a good 2 years to start to feel better. I still have slips now and then. The biggest thing was to be comfortable alone. I wasn't really ready to have someone else in my life though I told myself I was.

Get comfortable in your own skin before you get too involved. No point in hurting someone else too.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard