Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
OP Offline
R
Here’s the link to my last thread:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2272457&page=1

You should be able to link back to all of my other threads from there.

I wasn’t going to start another thread yet, because I really don’t have a lot to say or a lot going on. But who knows…things change around here quickly. Maybe I’ll have lots to say tomorrow. LOL

I just got back from a 5 day vacation alone in VA Beach. H didn’t want to go, and it was a free trip, so I went alone…and had a pretty good time. Got to meet up with a DB friend one night and got to walk on the beach on Saturday. I’m glad I went. It’s been a long time since I just did something that big for myself. It was worth it.

I’ve been getting back out a little more too. My friends told me I definitely seem better than I was right after BD. I’ve also been hanging out with another friend who is also a LBS. Her H left her over a year ago. She was one of my rocks when I first found out about OW, and helped me through the first few months. Her daughter is my goddaughter, so being around them is a distraction from everything that is going on. Sadly it’s also a reminder of what I don’t have – a child of my own. That’s too long a story to go into, so I digress…

H is still living at home. He’s still looking for a job, but has some prospects. As far as I know he’s still planning to move out once he finds a job and saves some money. Meanwhile, he’s still being the model husband. We’ve been on “dates” and he still says I love you every morning when I leave. Sometimes I just look at him and shake my head, and think “THIS is my life?”

I’m not sure what is going on with OW and him. I do know he’s not on his phone as much at night as he was. And yes, sometimes I do call him during the times they would normally be talking (early morning, midday, after work), and he’s almost never on the phone. (Thank you Verizon for that handy call waiting tone! LOL)

Right now I’m just taking it one day at a time. We still haven’t been intimate since our anniversary. Neither one of us have initiated, so I guess that’s no surprise. I think I’ve fallen into a rut, and haven’t exactly been following Cheryl’s advice to act like his girlfriend.

Sometimes I think what’s the point? He’s leaving anyway. Then I think are you not going to do something because you wonder what reaction you may get? Or are you finally going to be your true, authentic self and just live? So freeing…

Anyway, as I said not much going on. Maybe I do need to get a makeover or something to shake things up for me. I did go shopping for some “things” while I was on my trip. H definitely noticed too! LOL

Me:37
H:GONE

Happy and loving life.
R
OP Offline
R
I decided to go a different route with my thread title. Before I got married, I went through a lot of drama. WAY more than being a LBS will ever be – go figure! Anyway, there were two songs that helped me get through that time period, and that I’m going to start listening to again. They are both by Mary J. Blige. Here they are:

Good Woman Down
In my life I've seen It all
Now it's time For me To pass
On this Knowledge to you
All my sisters My troubled sisters
This is my Gift to you

Been many days
Couldn't take The pain
Felt like I should take My life away
See it everyday
In every other Young sister's face
(Young sister's face)
See'em cryin' out
Life full of doubt
Runnin' in the streets
No self esteem
Thinkin' that Used to be me
What a shame

And life Is a mutha
It's hard To sit back And see
The same thing That happened to me
Happen to you
This ain't love
But here's The love
I wanna give to you

It doesn’t Matter what They say or do
Don't let'em Get to you
Don't be afraid
You can, you can
You can breakthrough
Take what I've been through
To see that
You can't Hold a good Woman down

Went through
The same point Of givin' up
I-I felt Like I had enough
Went to the edge Of the ledge
But I didn't jump
"My Life" Will sum it up
You can't Hold a good Woman down

When I used to see
My daddy beat My mother down
Down to her feet
I used to say That ain't gon' Never be me
(Never be me)
Now look at you
Bruised up From him
Girl recognize
You're better than
Him tellin' you That he'll never hit You again
Girl don't cry

Through your changes
I will hold your hand
Use my songs As remedies
Whenever you're feelin' Down or blue
I'll be there for you
Trust And know
That I've been Where you're at
Seen the things That you can see
Lookin' at you
Resembles me
But you gotta Hold your own

Can't hold me Down
Can't hold me Down
Can't hold me Down
Can't hold me Down
Can't hold me Down
Can't hold me Down
You can't hold me

Take Me As I Am
She's been down and out
She's been wrote about
She's been talked about, constantly
She's been up and down
She's been pushed around
But they held her down, NYC
She has no regrets
She accepts the past
All these things they
helped make to make she
She's been lost and found
And she's still around
There's a reason for everything

You know I've been holdin on.
Try to make me weak,
But I still stay strong.
Put my life all up in these songs
Jus so you can feel me.
So you can get the real me

so take me as I am,
or have nothing at all.
Just take me as I am,
or have nothing at all.

Now she's older now
Yes, she's wiser now
Can't disguise her now
She don't need
No one tellin her
What to do and say
No one tellin her
Who to be
She's on solid ground
She's been lost and found
Now, she answers to G-O-D
And she's confident
This is not the end
Ask me how I know
Cause she is me.

You know I've been holdin on.
Try to make me weak,
But I still stay strong.
Put my life all up in these songs
Jus so you can feel me.
So you can get the real me

So take me as I am,
or have nothing at all.
Just take me as I am,
or have nothing at all.

So it's all or nothing at all,
All or nothing at all
Don't you know I can only be me.
(I can only be me, yeah)

So take me as I am,
or have nothing at all.
Just take me as I am,
or have nothing at all.

Take me as I am.
Take me as I am.
Said it's all or nothing at all
Said it's all or nothing at all

Just take me as I am,
or have nothing at all. (This is me)
Just take me as I am, (take me as I am)
or have nothing at all.
Just take me as I am, (take me as I am)
or have nothing, nothing at all.
Take me as I am.

Happy and loving life.
L
L
You go!

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
R
OP Offline
R
I'm trying, Bug! *catwalks down the hallway* LOL

Happy and loving life.
C
C
((((Ro))))

Keep that music rolling in your head!

Me:45, W:45
S:16 D:13
M:22, T:25
Bomb: July 2010
Putting finances in order for "D"
Continue to live in same home-separate rooms
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks, ces!

Journaling...

I noticed something last night and simply because I have nothing else to write about, I'm journaling about it here.

One of my H's issues (on his long list of things I did wrong) is that I hardly ever kissed or hugged him when he came home from work. It wasn't that I didn't want to. No one in my house kissed or hugged anyone until my brother came along when I was 13, so it's not something I grew up doing or felt comfortable doing really.

Anyway, I started doing this a few months ago. At first he would kind of give me this look like what are you doing? Then the look became the skeptical "Why are you doing it?" look. But he's never pulled away, and has actually kissed me first or stopped what he was doing to kiss me hello. This leads me to last night.

I come home and he's in bed asleep. He hasn't been feeling well (I think it's allergies), and was laying down. I just woke him up to let him know I was home and told him I would let him get some rest. I figured I'd kiss him later when he got up. Well, a little while later he got up to use the bathroom and get a glass of water. So he walks by me going back to lay down, stops in the hallway, turns around and comes to kiss me hello.

I almost cocked my eyebrow at him, but managed to keep my face as neutral as I possibly could. (At least I hope I did) So maybe me stepping out of my comfort zone and doing a 180 is a good thing. Even if our M ends, I will do my best to never hold affection/love from my SO again. Even if it makes me uncomfortable...because doing that is not my authentic self. I know that now. I have all of this love inside and someone's going to get it. LOL

Happy and loving life.
B
B
I know the feeling Ro....I have so much love and kisses to give...someone, someday is going to be the recipient of it all!

LOL

Me: 39
W: 44
SS 24
SD: 20
M: 13
T: 15
Bomb: 2/16/11
EA: 2/14/11
Papers Signed 4/13/11
Divorced 5/13/11
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: Brian in Hville
I know the feeling Ro....I have so much love and kisses to give...someone, someday is going to be the recipient of it all!

LOL

Hey Brian!!! I know you'll find that special someone...hopefully soon!

Happy and loving life.
A
A
I've got a couple of dogs that are very happy right now.

Ro that was a good message.

Giving affection is hard for me too. I always withheld it on the off chance that it would be rejected. I need to try harder. Thanks!

Adinva 51, S20, S18
M24 total
6/15/11-12/1/12 From IDLY to H moving out
9/15/15-3/7/17 From negotiating SA to final D at age 50
5/8/17-now: New relationship with an old friend
__
Happiness is a warm puppy.
R
OP Offline
R
Some times I think H has changed his mind and really isn't going to leave. But...I know my reality is that he told me he was leaving and hasn't said otherwise. So that's what I need to believe is true.

For those of you who know my sitch, you know that my H started his A through Twitter. He was always on his phone/ipad. I honestly thought nothing of it. Until I found out about the A, and started putting things together.

So after BD, he would still be on his electronics and of course I would say something occasionally, but it just got to be so stupid that I stopped paying it any attention for the most part. I was checking the phone logs online, but that got old too, so I just stopped. I mentioned on here before that the phone/ipad usage has gone WAY down. He's been using the laptop alot, and the history is there for me to look at it if I want to. But I don't. I don't say anything to him about being on his phone.

Lately he's been volunteering to tell me who he's talking to or texting. I don't ask. So here's what happened last night: He had been typing away on his ipad for a while. I noticed but figured he was surfing the net or something. He went out of his way to say, "I'm writing down ideas about my music stuff to talk to friend X about. I just wanted you to know why I was over here doing all of this typing." I just said okay, because I didn't really care. LOL

He NEVER would have done that before. After BD, I found out just how many secrets he had. But lately, he's been an open book. He tells me things without me asking, when in fact, I rarely ask him anything, unless its related to my SS or the house. We still talk and hang out, but I don't really ask him questions about his life.

A friend remarked that my H isn't acting like someone who plans on leaving. I agreed, but said I can only go by what he's said and that is that he is in fact leaving. The friend asked if I think H is leaving because he can't forgive himself for what happened. I said that is probably true on some level, but there's nothing I can do about it. H has to work on his "stuff" just like I've worked on mine.

Happy and loving life.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard