Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
A
OP Offline
A
Last Thread locked:

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2266884&page=1

First, thanks to everyone who's been helping out and commenting on my sitch thus far. It's greatly appreciated.

I don't have TOO much to update as of right now... just my normal, run of the mill type stuff...

W texted me yesterday telling me she hoped I was safe and dry with the "kids" while the hurricane went overhead. As seemingly impossible as it was, I did not respond to that text (as it had no questions)...

I DO feel I'm being a bit rude by not responding to the last two texts she's sent, but again, neither had questions or a pressing need to respond... They were both simply well-wishing texts... Which I very much wanted to respond to, but decided against it for... not even sure the actual reason.

A good mutual friend (of W and I) also reached out to me this weekend with a very sweet email about how saddened she is over the sitch. She said that W emailed her months ago about our Separation, and it took her this long to respond because she was literally so shocked and didn't want to reach out to W in a judgmental way, so had to cool down before reaching out. She said she'd be praying for me and for us, told me that she was so shocked because she and everyone we knew constantly remarked on how much love I poured into the relationship and what a "Great Guy" I am, and they're just stupefied that it got to this.

It was nice to hear from her, and I always appreciate the ego-strokes, but I hesitate to respond with too much information. I know that she's "on my side" but I also know she cares deeply for W, so I'm planning on thanking her for the email and prayers, filling her in on the non-relationship aspects of my life and leaving it at that... no matter how badly I want to pour my heart out to her about my sitch (as I KNOW she'd be an amazing listener and give strong advice)...

S
S
Originally Posted By: AlkalineThoughts

A good mutual friend (of W and I) also reached out to me this weekend with a very sweet email about how saddened she is over the sitch. She said that W emailed her months ago about our Separation, and it took her this long to respond because she was literally so shocked and didn't want to reach out to W in a judgmental way, so had to cool down before reaching out. She said she'd be praying for me and for us, told me that she was so shocked because she and everyone we knew constantly remarked on how much love I poured into the relationship and what a "Great Guy" I am, and they're just stupefied that it got to this.

It was nice to hear from her, and I always appreciate the ego-strokes, but I hesitate to respond with too much information. I know that she's "on my side" but I also know she cares deeply for W, so I'm planning on thanking her for the email and prayers, filling her in on the non-relationship aspects of my life and leaving it at that... no matter how badly I want to pour my heart out to her about my sitch (as I KNOW she'd be an amazing listener and give strong advice)...

I think that's wise. Either she'll just report back to your W, or she's interested in you. Either way, no good can come of it.

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
S
S
I agree with Starsky! A quick response of gratitude thanking her for her concern will be more than sufficient...Last thing you want is dust being stirred up, which in turn could cause a severe storm.

"Freshman Class of 2012"!

~Isaiah 40:31~
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks guys... Yeah, kept it short and cordial.

Journaling:

Hurricane Issac came and went without much incident here in South Florida. Heavy rain all night and a couple hours of wind gusts, but nothing to write home about.

Still struggling with the fact that I haven't responded to W's last two texts... but I know I have to get used to this, as the stand I'm about to take will require all of my strength in the "lack of communication" department.

Woke up this morning with the overwhelming desire to hug W and hold her close... I guess I had another dream about her last night... Hugged the puppy instead...

Now I'd better head off to work.

S
S
Alk,

I don't think there's anything wrong with responding if she inquries about you and the kids' safety during the storm. "We'll be fine; thanks -- just some wind and rain" or something short and similar.

Starsky

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
A
OP Offline
A
Just to be clear, the "kids" are a puppy and a kitty... smile

S
S
Originally Posted By: AlkalineThoughts
Just to be clear, the "kids" are a puppy and a kitty... smile

LOL -- yeah, I realized that before I hit "send." Can't edit on here! laugh

A
OP Offline
A
So I just replied to her anyway, saying all is well down here now and mirroring that its now her turn to stay dry.

A
OP Offline
A
Premonition time:

So I have a sneaking suspicion, and I have nothing to back this up with, that W will be calling tonight.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that if I pick up the phone, that I'll be diving into the conversation that I'm dreading having...

Probably won't pick up! smile

A
OP Offline
A
Damn, looks like my premonition was right! W texted me about an hour ago asking if I had a minute to talk tonight. As I'm working late and have an 8:00 pm conference call, I told her that and asked if everything was okay.

She responded "Not Really, but I'll figure it out. We can talk another time"

I responded back that I could call her after my 8:00 and asked what was up...

She responded "We can talk about it later. Text me after your call"

So I'll be texting after my call... This sounds awfully ominous... Stay tuned for details!

Very nervous...

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard