Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
J
OP Offline
J
I’ve been over on Newcomers for awhile and think it is time to begin a thread here. I’ve been lurking here for a little while. As a means of introduction here is a link to my current thread

Turn the page

I don’t have much to post today, but I am sure that will change. There are still a few details of the decree to work through and I am certain XW will spew about those soon.

BITS
Me 55, ACK, when did that happen? Doesn't feel like 55
D 30
S 27

You create your own universe as you go along - Winston Churchill
R
R
Welcome JS. It is a weird feeling to come over here. I moved here not long ago. I know people here will love your depth of writing and expression. I have for over a year. Welcome my friend.

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

J
OP Offline
J
Thanks Rick. I don't know about deep. I'm just an old grunt who lost himself in co-de. The basis for my survival during the last two years was the training and experiences from the previous 53. Now I want to live.

BITS
D 30
S 27

K
kml Offline
K
WElcome JS - join the crowd smile Let's LIVE!

Sooooo.....what exactly are you planning for your second act? Got any adventures lined up? Going to learn any new skills?

Ellie
(PS In my case, I took up playing the drums when my ex left. Now I play in an amateur rock band. I like to say, I may have lost a husband, but I gained a music career smile )

K
kml Offline
K
(P.S. I'm 56 so it's never too late!)

J
OP Offline
J
Thanks Ellie,

A long time ago in a life far far away I played at being a drummer. We never really did more than annoy our parents and the neighbors. These days there is a djembe I hand drum on.

Yes there are plans, mostly to experience things put on hold. We used to travel. Mostly short trips in an RV, but there was always at least a week somewhere. Soooooo, more of that to start. I plan to trade in “our” RV on something with a bit more space to haul toys in.

Toys, well there is the Kayak, but it is designed for the more placid waterways nearby. I plan on picking up another for whitewater. Then there is the bike. I planned on picking up a used touring bike this fall and wintering it over for next year. Unfortunately circumstances have conspired to make that impractical this year. By bike I mean something weighing over 800lbs. A bagger with a removable windscreen is planned

In the near term I have an annual bow hunting trip with my cousins in October and another in November.

There are a few skills I’ll knock the dust off of. I used to boulder and I went rappelling with X for the first time in years during the Memorial Day holiday 2 yrs ago. It was her first time, we used a guide and she was on belay the whole time, very safe.

A new skill I’d like to explore is SCUBA. I have several friends who do and can hook me up, we’ll see.

My son and DIL have discussed, but not planned a RV trip to DC next summer; I’m going, they are welcome to come along. There will be room even in the current RV although I might wish to board the dog.

Lest anyone be concerned a MLCer has arrived in your midst let me assure you. I’m planning it carefully and am willing to delay aspects of my replay until they become affordable on my budget, but I deserve it and I’m going to have it. laugh

On the mundane but rewarding side I do have responsibilities to be mindful of, Mom and my children and grandchildren. One can be a responsible son and grandfather while still living and having some fun, can’t one?

BITS
D 30
S 27

S
S
You've earned the right to have some fun - nothing wrong with that. It is a way of having new beginnings and not focussing on the endings. We all need to knock things off our Bucket List - what better time.

Barb

J
OP Offline
J
Thanks Barb,

There is a trip to Belleau Wood residing in the bucket that might come off sooner than planned.

Reading other threads got me to thinking, always a dangerous pastime for me. laugh I know this is pure speculation, but I wonder if some of X’s spewing isn’t repressed guilt over her abandonment of the relationship.

It doesn’t matter to me if she damages her relationships with family. What matters to me is the pain they exhibit and the concern that I might be perceived as contributing to it. I don’t think I have yet; it makes me tentative in some circumstances. Not the leader I’d rather be.

BITS
D 30
S 27

S
S
"Belleau Wood"??? - I've not heard of it. But if it's on your Bucket List - just do it.

Barb

K
kml Offline
K
Yes, anger is guilt turned outward.

Although sometimes they just spew because they're spinning like a top.

Stick to the high road, don't sink to her level, and over time, all the people who matter will know who you really are.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard