Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
My divorce is going to be final next week, and I don’t want it. My wife filed for separation in May of last year. I was shocked, but I probably shouldn’t have been. We had the same issues that would come up over and over, and she decided enough was enough. I was hurt, especially since we have already recovered from so much during our marriage. I tried to talk to her, but my efforts just seemed to push her farther away, so I just let her go and hoped it wouldn’t really happen. Apparently it is. She went out of town last week, and my daughter and I were watching television late one night. She asked me why I hadn’t even tried to get her mom back. I told her I didn’t know what to do. She looked at me the same way my wife has looked at me many times.

My wife is affectionate and needs a lot of encouragement. She has a high sex drive for a woman, and that has been a big issue. Sometimes it seems like we were reversed from the typical couple. We have been through some really hard times, depression after our daughter was born, job issues and a new career for me, and an affair she had about 6 years ago. She confessed the affair and truly repented. We worked through that and our marriage seemed to be getting much better. But eventually the same issues as always came to the forefront again.

I love my wife. She is the only woman I have ever loved and the only one I can ever imagine loving. I don’t want to be divorced next week. I want to go to her and ask again for another chance, but I know she doesn’t trust me. She doesn’t believe our marriage can ever change. I hate marriage forums, actually. I think sometimes they did my wife more harm than good. But I am kind of out of ideas.

C
C
Welcome to the board.

Get the DR book and read it.
There can always be HOPE as long as it is within YOU.

Get out and GAL.
DETACH.
Believe none of what she says and half of what she does.
Have NO EXPECTATIONS.
Take care of yourself, breathe, eat, sleep, exercise.

You are on moderation right now on the forum.
SO post in small frequent posts until you get off of it.

Your W is giving you a GIFT.
THE GIFT OF TIME.

Me-70, D37,S36
P
OP Offline
P
My gift of time will last 24 more hours. I hope to hear from her today.

M
M
Any updates?

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard