Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
S
Hey J- Appreciate you keeping us posted and its nice to see a sitch working towards R, it gives many of us hope.

Where and what are your current expectations at with your w?

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
J
jlove Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: sayitaintso
Hey J- Appreciate you keeping us posted and its nice to see a sitch working towards R, it gives many of us hope.

Where and what are your current expectations at with your w?

I am really just taking it day by day now. I have to say I expect us to fully reconcile. It's been almost 6 months since bomb and our R is much better than its been in years--minus sex. I think really the only thing that would derail us is me at this point.

I say that in that I need and crave intimacy that she cannot give me at this point yet (sex). I understand and think she will down the road (she's told me she will and please be patient) and is making headway, but I'm impatient and how long can/will I wait for her there? i don't really have a timeline on it, just ask myself about it often. I pray on this for strength so I think I can make it. I avoid situations alone with women right now and will not get close to one because I know I am weak here at this point. I've never cheated on a woman, but I know enough that anyone could and i'm weak now due to all of this.

Basically I'm just trying to be patient and rebuild intimacy in all other areas with her at this time, hoping it won't be too long till we have sex again.

M 43, W 40
T 22. M 14
D 14, S 9, S 8
DD 11/21/11
Retrouvaille 4/13/12--and the healing begins as we begin a new journey together!

T
T
Originally Posted By: jlove
So, I have to forgive and let it go.

Don't do it for her.

Do it for YOU.

Wether you decide to be with her or not.

If you decide to be with her I think she has to show you equal commitment.

Only you know if that has happened.

You have gained some hard ground. Give it like its gold.

I don't mean be stubborn

I mean she should show you its worth giving the ground.

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
J
jlove Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: Truegritter
Originally Posted By: jlove
So, I have to forgive and let it go.

Don't do it for her.

Do it for YOU.

Wether you decide to be with her or not.

If you decide to be with her I think she has to show you equal commitment.

Only you know if that has happened.

You have gained some hard ground. Give it like its gold.

I don't mean be stubborn

I mean she should show you its worth giving the ground.

TG, you always come in to this with sage advice! Thanks!

Yes, I know forgiveness is a gift to myself. I agree with the commitment, the trick is how long I wait for the same level from her? I have been the one doing the heavy lifting and she acknowledges it too. She knows she has to meet me in the middle eventually and has been dialoguing with me on that, when will that be? That's the 10,000 question. I do see enough progress from her the past month to know she's working on it and is aware of her part in any R. There's plenty of hope and I know that I'll be fine!

M 43, W 40
T 22. M 14
D 14, S 9, S 8
DD 11/21/11
Retrouvaille 4/13/12--and the healing begins as we begin a new journey together!

B
B
i'm really happy to hear about your RV experience. i am on a much different path w/ RV but feel it has done tremendous things in improving communication at least between H and i. it is definitely hard work. i agree completely. next week.. intimacy.. and sexual intimacy. that shall be a loaded topic. lol! good luck! although you may be on a different schedule then i am.

Me:38.. H:33.
Two beautiful kids S:6 D:3
M:8.. together for 11.
Bomb dropped:10/17/11
Separated:11/07/11
J
jlove Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Good luck to you too BF. Was wondering yesterday how it was going for you. Keep at the dialogue if you can. It's definately a marathon!!!

Intimacy, yes I agree. We'll see.

M 43, W 40
T 22. M 14
D 14, S 9, S 8
DD 11/21/11

J
jlove Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I am now moving this thread to the piecing section. I will update more later but W has made a full commitment to me and our R. I feel like I'm in a new marriage with her and she is acting like a new wife in many ways towards me. It's like we're in the honeymoon phase again. She told me the other day that "It's going to work." She initiates contact with me, tells me she loves me 1st again, etc.

This is because of Retrouvaille and more importantly, the power of God and the Holy Spirit. We cannot describe it, but just need to continue to work together and get thru the roller coaster rides of live. I pray for all of your marriages out there and wish you all peace. J

M 43, W 40
T 22. M 14
D 14, S 9, S 8
DD 11/21/11

Bravo!!!

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
V
V
Well done, jlove. It's always wonderful to read success stories here. Best of luck in your piecing!

T
T
J

I am so proud of you, I will try to follow you over there.

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard