Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
G
Come on down here - w'ell do Mardi Gras and you can forget about that frozen wasteland!

Hang in there.

Me: 44
Bomb: 11/27/11
Divorced:6/12
Life goes on: 6/13

Dogs still like bacon...a lot.
Well, over the past three days I have been getting a taste of the "snake/shark eyes". They are not pretty!!

It is so much easier to realize that is not your S or H when they don't have the same caring look in their eyes, but at the same time it is really sad because it feels like you've lost them forever.

I have been so much stronger than I ever would have imagined and I know you can do it too. The anxiety of the first meeting is gonna be astronomical, so start getting ready for it now. Think about any anxiety your sitch has caused you and multiply it by 10. It will pass very quickly once you see him though.

Then, after that moment passes it will be much easier for you to move forward and continue to do the things you need to do for you.

I don't think he will be mean at first, he will likely be just as nervous as you. After the initial encounter though, that's when the mean and cruel P might start to show through as whatever coping mechanism it is for the WAS!!

Me31 H33
M11
T15
S10, D4
H deploys 01/11
H R&R two weeks 10/11
ILYBNILWY/sep 12/11
homecoming 1/12
pos D 1/13

Let the "real" battle begin!!
O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted By: purgatory
hey, whatever keeps up you PMA! It may be nothing, it may be something.... have no expectations and you can't get hurt by it (but you already knew that smile )

I realized I ignored your post on my thread yesterday- i never saw it until this morning, so please don't be offended. The FB comments from other people are referring to OW- there is an overwhelming agreement that she IS NOT attractive, and they can't see what H see's in her.... makes me feel even better when it's not a family member or direct friend that says it!

I wasn't offended smile That is nice to hear. Those are the best kind of compliments

Originally Posted By: Grmpy_Mnky
Come on down here - w'ell do Mardi Gras and you can forget about that frozen wasteland!

Hang in there.

It's actually been really warm here (Knock on wood!!!) We've been super lucky. But we're supposed to get 10 CM of snow tomorrow frown

Originally Posted By: 31nheartbroken
Well, over the past three days I have been getting a taste of the "snake/shark eyes". They are not pretty!!

I am NOT looking forward to it but I am prepared. I had 'baby' sharks eyes while on his leave in Thailand with him. frown

It is so much easier to realize that is not your S or H when they don't have the same caring look in their eyes, but at the same time it is really sad because it feels like you've lost them forever.

I have been so much stronger than I ever would have imagined and I know you can do it too. The anxiety of the first meeting is gonna be astronomical, so start getting ready for it now. Think about any anxiety your sitch has caused you and multiply it by 10. It will pass very quickly once you see him though.

I am getting pretty bad anxiety already. Thankfully it's SUPER busy at work and keeping me occupied. But last night I couldn't fall asleep and once I finally did, I woke up constantly. Its hard because I know at the same time he is out partying and probably getting naked with random girls. Digusting? Yes. Hurtful? Yep. Then again, it could ALL be in my imagination. He still has not yet signed in to that dating site where he was trolling from. So at least *that’s* good lol.

Then, after that moment passes it will be much easier for you to move forward and continue to do the things you need to do for you.

I don't think he will be mean at first, he will likely be just as nervous as you. After the initial encounter though, that's when the mean and cruel P might start to show through as whatever coping mechanism it is for the WAS!!

You see, mean P is the one that *most* people see. So I am sure he will be that way. Plus he seems so 'hell bent' on making sure I am hurting and know he is DONE with me. I am sure he will keep being mean in person to keep up the atmosphere frown

But one good thing is I've noticed I've really started to detach in say, the last 7 days? Pretty much since I found the 'sex seeking' website ad.

So this will help me. Mean P? 111 leaves the room/and or/house.

Thanks for the replies guys. Today I am getting a bit antsy. 5 more days and I've got to face the music (I sense a countdown going on here! :P) Funny, only 5 days to go and I am more detached now than I've ever been. I am excited a little, but more nervous he is going to come home and be an A-hole to me. I am worried him coming back might set me back some and I will feel badly again. Fingers crossed I will be strong and whatever will be will be.

I am going to shop my little heart out on Saturday and buy some new clothes for my trip. GALing at it's finest.

you control you

and you are stronger than you realize. Look how far you have come already.

You CAN do this and you WILL do this b/c this ain't a dress rehearsal.

Believe that you deserve to be happy and that You will do what it takes to be so.

If he's a jerk to you (I think he'll start out alright but at some point his other/real side will come out)

but you can handle it! Your pain won't be eternal or fatal. Again,

YOU CAN HANDLE THIS...and we're here for you anyhow.

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
O
OP Offline
O
Journaling ...

To tomorrow

P
P
I've got butterflies for you.....

And a TON of prayers going up for you to handle what ever version of P walks through that door. I hope things go smoothly.

I know you probably won't be on the boards tomorrow, or maybe even a few more days... but please come back to let us know what happens.

This is like the season finale for a favorite TV show... I just gotta know how it ends!

(((((((111)))))))))

M-31, H-31
T-9, M-7
S-6, s-20mth
sep 8/1/11
ILYNILWY 11/29/11
Creating separation papers.
Discover H has feelings for BFF, she does too 1/11/12
H moves out 1.20.12
O
OP Offline
O
Whoops! Looks like my post got eaten.

He only lands in Canada tonight, 22:30 my time. In a different province. He will need to check in kit and do paperwork before returning home.

BUT I am not even sure if he made it out of Kabul on schedule. There has been a lot of chaos there as of late and a lot of travel was cancelled.

Since we don't speak - I have no idea.

He has no credit cards and no money has been taken out of his account, so I am not sure if that means anything.

I am sure he is fine, I'm not worried about that though.

But thanks for the encouraging words. I need them!!!! :P I couldn't sleep last night, tonight? I drink some Neocitrin before bed!!!

P
P
Glad your're hanging in there!
There's a link on a post from yesterday, check it out smile

M-31, H-31
T-9, M-7
S-6, s-20mth
sep 8/1/11
ILYNILWY 11/29/11
Creating separation papers.
Discover H has feelings for BFF, she does too 1/11/12
H moves out 1.20.12
O
OP Offline
O
Me no see no linky! :P

I wish you the best of luck! Anything! Even eye contact is a bonus!!

M 42 H 39
T10 (-2yrs separation)
S8 D5
DD 7/30/11 (EA&PA)
Reconciled 6/2013
Separation in works 1/2017
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard