Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2212434 01/13/12 07:19 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Jack, thanks for the book recommendation. Really enjoyed it. Had quite a rough move to the other side of the world with the family and I took it as an opportunity to be the strong silent type, more or less. Finished the book here a few days ago. Have to say I most identified with Fiver - but he had some redeeming qualities at least.

Thought with the move it was time for a new thread. Things are tough. Wife and I have been under much stress to manage the family here while building a life, and my oldest is not adapting well at all - we have been very worried about his mental health. More a bit later......

S
OP Offline
S
....helped S12 through a rough stretch where he was getting into trouble online and making comments about hurting himself. Found him in his closet one day crying about wanting to go home. We are watching him closely and have been keeping him busy and he seems a bit better.

It's been 20 days of non-stop togetherness, under tough circumstances of moving and learning to live in a new city. Things have not been as advertised in terms of my position here and our housing. The house in particular is pretty awful. I'd give myself a B for being strong and helping to get the family through but lately I've just been mad and probably moody. I need a little space and at some point I have to actually start working. Through all of this my W and I have worked hard together to make it work for the family but there been very little between us, certainly not much enjoyment, which is disappointing. The only time I've seen her smile or laugh in the past 20 days is when she is talking to or emailing her coworkers. Burns me up that she laughs so easily with them.

Anyway, I'm just journaling for my own sake. It's all up and down, up and down.

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard