Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
W
OP Offline
W
Things are going great, really. Hope everything is good for you! If I haven't been around here for a while, it's because I've reached the point where I'm ready to live my life and enjoy it without my W. I really don't think that things will work out for us.

Weirdly enough, I'm happier than I've ever been. There were some really good things about our R, but now that I've gotten some distance from it, I'm realizing that there were a lot of really bad things, too, that both of us contributed. I'm still dark and happy with that.

W has only just e-mailed me letting me know that she's taking herself off of the AAA membership but that it's up to me to renew it or cancel it. She's either being nice in letting me know or using it as a way to contact me. Can't tell, so I won't worry about it.

I work out a LOT and do cardio every day. I'm getting stronger and my stamina is greater, and I get that endorphin rush, too! My writing is going great -- I'm revising several short stories and really liking how they turned out. I recently did my taxes and found out that I actually owe money because there wasn't that much deducted from my paychecks, but I've got a lot of $$$ in savings that I didn't have before, so I'm not sweating it.

I'm feeling very ready to be more social. I will be joining a local writing group on MeetUp today.

Us: mid-20s
T: 5.5 yrs
M: 2 yrs
S + OM: 6/21/11
Legally S'd: 9/9/11

In this life, you have a limited amount of mental currency. You get what you pay for, so spend it wisely.

So it goes. --Kurt Vonnegut
K
kml Offline
K
You are sounding great! smile

Sometimes, the silver lining is so bright.....

J
J
Glad you're doing well, WCF. It sounds like you're doing a great job with the exercise. Someday, you'll have to write a book under the pen name of westcoastfella! laugh

BITS
Me:46 / W:47 / M:19 / T:21 / S13
Bomb#1: 5/8/2008
MC: 5/2008 - 4/2010
Bomb#2: 2/10/2011
W moves out 5/7/2011

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' - Matt. 19:26
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks, jb! I am definitely more active & healthy than I've ever been. Definitely a 180 from who I was for most of my life: hated exercise with a passion, sat on my butt playing video games/reading books/watching movies, and ate heaping portions of the worst kind of food. I'm glad I reverted early -- I'm probably adding years onto my life!

A book written as "Westcoastfella" -- now that would be interesting. laugh

My mom, stepdad, and stepbrother are coming up today from my hometown to cheer at a high school wrestling tournament and visit my grandpa. While they're here, they're going to visit my apartment for the first time and take me along on the grandpa visit. I'm excited!

I'm doing really well at work. My boss recently commissioned me to write a comment on our credit union president's blog, and she was overjoyed at what I wrote (I'm an English graduate, so I knocked it out of the park). "You're doing a great job," she said. "I see a lot of potential in you." Made me glow!

I'm planning on going to my first MeetUp writing meeting next Thursday.

In this life, you have a limited amount of mental currency. You get what you pay for, so spend it wisely.

W
OP Offline
W
Hey, all. Just thought I'd pop in for a quick update. I've been combing through people's threads and seeing what's going on. For the most part, I see some really awesome progress. This site has really been a life-saver for more than just myself. smile

I went to that writer's meeting. It wasn't huge, and I didn't have the chance to really connect with anyone, but it was definitely a step forward. The coffee shop where we met was awesome (had a unique decor that Starbucks just can't match), and it's one more social thing that I've done. I am planning to do more.

I recently applied for a position at work that would pay me $200 more a month plus mileage to support multiple branches of my bank. 4 other people applied. My interview went really well. We'll see what happens. I could really use the extra $$$.

I have recently read two books by Dale Carnegie that have had a profound effect on me: "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living." Both contain some amazingly practical advice about how people work, even though both were published decades ago. I would advise anyone to check them out. "Worrying" has an amazing section on positive thinking to combat depression and increase overall happiness.

Haven't talked to W much. She T'd me telling me that she will be visiting at the end of this month and would like to have the rabbit. During that time, I can sign the D papers and she can file them. I said sure. She also called me at 10 PM last night (probably 12-1 AM her time) and didn't leave a VM. It could have been an accidental dial, but then again, maybe not. I'm not going to waste much more time thinking about it.

I have an appt. with my C tomorrow. Haven't seen her in weeks. Can't wait.

Life is a daily gift! I'm so very glad to be alive and making the changes that I'm making. I wish you all the best. I don't think that I'll be here as often as I used to because I don't really need the site as I did before, but I'll still visit every now and then. Make way for the new waves and all that.

J
J
WCF, I'm just dropping in. It sounds like you're in a really good place. I'm glad to hear it!

So...is the Kirby girl still around or is she long in the rear view mirror? laugh

BITS
Me:46 / W:47 / M:19 / T:21 / S13
Bomb#1: 5/8/2008
MC: 5/2008 - 4/2010
Bomb#2: 2/10/2011
W moves out 5/7/2011

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' - Matt. 19:26
W
OP Offline
W
I am in a good place. Yesterday was my last session with my C. She said, "I think this is your last session. You're on your way." I told her, "Actually, I was thinking the same thing before I got here, that this was gonna be my last one. I don't need therapy before like I used to." smile We'll see what the future holds for me.

Kirby girl is still in the picture. We're just friends, but she does call a couple of times a week when she's bored and wants to talk. She's a good influence on me. She often has to remind me that I think too much about things. smile

Next big goal: telling W that I'm tired of these "bunny visitations." Either she can have the rabbit or I can, but I'm fed up with having to come in contact with her just so she can see him. It's a playing card that she's using on me, and nothing more.

I read up on your sitch, too, JB. Great job of holding it down, as always.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard