Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
OP Offline
B
Just wondering how Denver's sitch is going and how Pete and the kids are fairing...

Brian

Me: 39
W: 44
SS 24
SD: 20
M: 13
T: 15
Bomb: 2/16/11
EA: 2/14/11
Papers Signed 4/13/11
Divorced 5/13/11
That is very thoughtful of you brian

Denver is doing good and I am sure he will be popping by anytime to say hello and catch everybody up on his sitch

9 is also doing good. As you can imagine he is taking some time to himself and away from things that remind him of the pain he experienced while on the boards.

BITS

I wondered the same. Heard good things about Denver but not a peep about nine.

But I passed onto nine that I saw my widowed neighbor last month, with all 4 of his kids. It has been over 3 years now,

and I can honestly say they seem happy. They laugh and hug and play again, and for a long time they always looked as if someone had just slapped them...

I think he's getting ready to remarry too, so I hope that will someday happen to nine b/c he's a good man, (too good to waste!)

and his sons do need a mom.

But we all have our own internal grief clocks. 2step, I hope he stops by.

And 2, how are YOU Doing?

(Get in touch with me when you can on the alt universe as I tried to contact you but could not find our old "thread")...

((( )))

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change

I am doing ok. Just taking each day as it comes. My daughter has, and will continue to be, my main priority. To say I don't have bad days would be a lie, but for the most part I am doing ok I appreciate you asking.

Quote:
Get in touch with me when you can on the alt universe as I tried to contact you but could not find our old "thread

Keep your eyes open you just might see me wink

BITS

&
&
The last I heard Denver had gotten into a big hot pants kick. He never leaves the house without his short-shorts on. Looks good though.

Nine has gotten really into gymnastics. I believe the pommel horse is his favorite.

Peace everyone!!! Be well!

BITS

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
B
OP Offline
B
Country, you always crack me up! Hope things are going well for you as well.

Me: 39
W: 44
SS 24
SD: 20
M: 13
T: 15
Bomb: 2/16/11
EA: 2/14/11
Papers Signed 4/13/11
Divorced 5/13/11
D
D
Hey Brian and everyone! Thanks for checking in. My sitch is ongoing and is on an upswing right now. Still separated, but I believe that W is truly trying to get herself, and us, to a place where we can put things back together. We spend a lot of time together and talk almost everyday... 90% of which she initiates. I have told her that I will be patient and have agreed to go slowly as long as she is honest with me and has no OM in her life. While OM has popped his ugly head up a couple of times over the past 2 months, it has been benign contact and W has been honest with me about it. I have told W that any backsliding on this will mean the end from my perspective.

W has told her step sister that she wants to give our M another chance, and SS mentioned the other day that he will be going to his old school next school year, the one he went to when they lived here with me. I didn't say anything, but think that W has probably told him that they will be, or may be, moving back into the house.

Still, I've learned enough over the past year to know that things can turn against me at any moment. So keeping my expectations at bay as much as possible... but remaining hopeful and positive.

BITS
Denver

M 43
T 13
W moves out of home 11/2010
Roller coaster from hell 2/2011-5/2012
I request divorce 5/2012
W moves home 6/2012
Good time 7/2012 - 1/2015
I leave 3/2016
process of divorce
great to hear from you Denver,

and you have the right "hopeful but vigilant" approach, I think.

Try to be in the moment as much as you can, reduce the "futurizing".

(Maybe that's a L thing b/c I have to work on it too. Big time.)

((( )))

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
D
D
LOL... Yeah 25, I have not completely kicked that. But I truly believe that I am very close to being in a place that I have internalized that I will be happy regardless of how my situation turns out. If things go south again, I know what I will need to do at that point for my own happiness and well being. Knowing that gives me strength...

I have stayed away from the boards bc I needed to stop being so wrapped up with my marital situation every second of every day. It became like a drug and had become unhealthy for me.

I really do hope to be able to come back here in the near, gotta say it, future, with a success story. I still believe that many marriages can be saved IF even one party works at it and does not give up hope. I also believe that marriages that do survive such horrible times, can come out of it stronger and healthier.

I know that there are probably new people here who are not familiar with my sitch. If you are one of those people, and are reading this, believe that things will get better, regardless of the outcome of your M. Because they will. I have lived and gone through it... well, AM still going through it to some degree.

Take care.

BITS
Denver

M 43
T 13
W moves out of home 11/2010
Roller coaster from hell 2/2011-5/2012
I request divorce 5/2012
W moves home 6/2012
Good time 7/2012 - 1/2015
I leave 3/2016
process of divorce
N
N
Hey Brian :

Heard throught he grapevine that you were wondering what has happend. counry is indeed a smartarse, ( you have no idea) and that remark about gymnastics is so damn funny. He has his own issues.

But thanks for your concern and kind words. Im doing ok, i am on stress leave at work, teach one class in the afternoon and am coaching my sr boys volleyball team. We just won our regionals.

I am also the host for the provincial (state) championships which happens in just a few days , so REALLY BUSY.

My kids are doig well, youngest has his moments and obviously misses his mom. Halloween was really tough for him.

Oldest is not doing well at school at all but i still havent seen him shed a tear. He is 16.

My crazy sil and i had a blowout the other day and really upset me, she is grieveing alot and is meddling more than ever and calling me a bad father cause i am coaching and getting home a little later. So much more to say but am under the gun with the champioinships around the corner.

I hung up on Sil and Bil who was my biggest supporter doesnt like the way ive been grieving. Thinks its time to move on, etc,

i have made clear boundries with them now,.

I am not concerned as much for oldest sons marks as i am for his mental health, so if he must do an extra semester or two to finish up, so be it. I reminded my SIL that i am a teacher and that is not at all out of line these days.

Thanks again for the kind words and conern. I have an excellent support group and although i miss her dearly and will never understand this. i know i will survive this as will my boys and we will be successful. Shame about jen though, that her life endes so needlessly and so early.

BTW, piece of crap OM feels threatended by me because i had words with him at his place of work and is trying to get a restraingin order on me. I have had to appear in court twice and address him once which was most unpleasant and listen to him go on about my wife and how he assaulted her. That was real tough but, that too was survived.

Cheers

BITS
M-46
W-42
M-16y
T-19 y
s10 s15
BombDec.19/09
Sep-F16/10
Sep Papers signed by W- June 30/10
Recon July 5/10
PA foundOut- Oct 30/10