Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 23 1 2 3 4 22 23
W
OP Offline
W
SFO, we do have a separation agreement. So hopefully it's easy sailing from here. Btw, I left a message for the cute social worker this morning, asking her to dinner. I mentioned that if she would prefer not to that was fine, I understood but if she did come I promised to dazzle her with more of my amazing Tagalog skills!Lol (I greeted her in Tagalog). I was nervous. We'll see what happens. The worst that can happen is she doesn't call back. But hey, I'm giving it a shot.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
Btw, we just hit 30!

W
OP Offline
W
We're at 31 now, I have exceeded my target number for the week. It's time to sell,sell, sell! Buy low, sell high. Lol

W
OP Offline
W
Well, just got a call from the cute little social worker "thank you so much for the invitation but I have to say no thank you" I said "no problem, thanks for letting me know, I appreciate that" I'm glad she called rather than go the avoidance route, that s@cks! I have even more respect for this lady now because she treated me with respect in return. So I tried and for that I can be proud. Life goes on!

D
D
just be careful on cost...My ex started out as not wanting anything and wanting a quick divorce. Fast forward 2 years and $50,000 in attorney's fees later that I had to pay(paid out of marital assets) we were finally divorced. It adds up quick...

Remarried 6 mo
S 12
S 13
S 16
SD 12
SD 16
SD 17
SS 19
S
S
Wii:

Sorry cute co-worker didn't want to go out with you. In future - I'd like to suggest that you phone and speak to someone directly when asking them out - not leaving a message. That's a hard message to return if they don't want to go.

Post D - I found it hard to pick up on clues whether someone was ïnto" me or just liked me as a friend. It is important to try to figure this one out.

Go back to the dating site and maybe try making a date with someone who showed interest in you first. Give them a try and see what happens.

JMHO

have a great day, Wii - I am flying home. Heard there is snow.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Hi SFO, There are two reasons I left a message. 1) She spends most of her time in the community not at the office 2) Because there is a professional connection and I wanted her to have time to think about whether she wanted to do this or not. I didn't want her to feel put on the spot with a surprise phone call and be rushed to give an answer. Anyway I had a feeling she would be someone who would return the call either way and she did. So, I have no regrets. I'm quite OK with how it turned out. Hey, you meet someone you like, you have a good rapport, there's little or no downside to asking then why not give it a shot! For years I'd sit there thinking "what if..." calculating the bad things that could happen. Sometimes I think God puts people in your path, you let them pass by and He's up there saying "Hey, what more do you want from me?!" So I acted on an opportunity. I'm cool with how it turned out.
Have a safe trip back! They said it snowed in TO yesterday morning but I didn't see any.

W
OP Offline
W
OK Dbers, here are some comments from the online profiles I've looked at. These are lines I really like...and I'm not poking fun, they're clever. I like 'em.

"Those seeking a Wal-mart, off-the-shelf,cookie-cutter date-mate need not apply."

"I am a fast driver, with a slow heart"

"young enough to still run in the rain and old enough to know when to come in"

"What am I looking for? Unconditional love and a man who adores his mom."

"Our children are old enough to know that sushi is not eaten with a fork"

And here are a couple of first date ideas:

"NOT a coffee shop. This is a first date not a post bingo get together."

"Go to the zoo and watch the animals do naughty things to each other"

#2198517 11/13/11 08:37 AM
T
T
Whatsis -

I liked and identified with this comment and have experienced it first-hand:

Quote:

Sometimes I think God puts people in your path, you let them pass by and He's up there saying "Hey, what more do you want from me?!" So I acted on an opportunity.

I just went through the same realization with my GF, who is now my fiancee. We had dated for about a year - she has been a tremendous influence in my life since I filed for D. I was a little 'scared' of getting engaged I think even though deep down I knew I wanted to spend my life with her and that she would be a wonderful person to have in my kids' lives permanently. I finally decided to propose to her based upon the fact that I knew that God had put her in front of me, and that God wants us to be in a relationship where love shines through as a sign of His prsence. So, I worked through some of my fears based upon this and have NO regrets. It is a situation where I really feel like I was touched to take action (she and I hit kind of a cross road where I was going to lose her most likely if we didn't move forward).

Its on a different level than the scenario being discussed here, but defer to God and what He would want for you and you will find the way forward.

ME/XW:47
S21, D19, S15, S14
M:21 T:26
W moved 6/10 I filed 7/10 D final 4/12 remarried 8/12
W wants to R 12/10 and 4/11 but I decline
W
OP Offline
W
G, We're up to 32 now. A couple I considered but broomed them after a couple of emails. But again, I'm in no rush. I don't have to find somebody besides what would I tell my turtle! Hey, I did my part so did you give your number to your hockey player guy on Friday night? lol.
Thanks Tryingtil, I'm glad you went for it and it worked out for you, there is hope smile

Page 2 of 23 1 2 3 4 22 23

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard