Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2196538 11/03/11 03:00 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Hi everyone, I keep in contact with some on the FB, but think of all of you every day and the new comers that come everyday to this board.

I have to admit, I was a late bloomer:) It took a lot of time to take in all the advice I was given by those of you that are on these boards for all of us each day, it's important to me that you all know I care deeply for you, and offer prayers everyday to cover your needs where ever you may be.

Newcomers do your best to get past the panic and heck yes it hurts, do your best, don't look back on how you reacted, if I was thinking the way I am now, things would've been different, but you have to let that go.

I don't have much of a relationship yet with my D that's now 16 and she's still alittle lost, but everyday, I still text and call. I chalk some of it up to her being an independent teen. I stay consistent.

My son on the other hand, I was awarded custody and without a fight or argument, from the other half or with the court, he may see his mom every couple of months. I have a great employer, I take my son to work after school he's now 13 and I know when I do look back at the relationship he and I have, it's right where God wanted he and I to be. Although pre-algebra is kicking my rear.

It's been 2 and a half years since everything broke loose, everyday is better.

M
M
AYK,

Good to hear from you buddy, and very glad that things are going well ...

Hang in there, things will turn for you and your Daughter...

Stay the course my friend

Peace to you always

Mach1 #2196569 11/03/11 05:02 PM
G
G
Hey AYK!

Nice to hear from you.

Things sound pretty good. I'm happy for you.

I have to point out that I love this:

Quote:
but everyday, I still text and call... I stay consistent.

It matters. It really does.

As far as the algebra goes...at least you know enough of it for it to kick your butt. Just sayin' wink

HUGS

Grace_O #2196574 11/03/11 05:09 PM
P
P
Wow, 2 1/2 years and to think I am only into this 9 months this month. :-(

Praying #2196623 11/03/11 08:21 PM
C
C
OMG AYK...

You sound so different...

Good for you...

I agree with Grace, keep being consistent with your D, she will remember it down the road...

Praying,

Give yourself time...

Take steps for you...

It gets better even though I know it's hard to believe...

Go back and read some of AYK's (and others) old threads...

It is amazing to see how people change...

"Acceptance doesn't mean resignation. It means understanding that something is what it is and there's got to be a way through it."--Michael J. Fox
cat04 #2198054 11/10/11 04:17 PM
A
OP Offline
A
I keep the older ones that I used to print off in a box and some are in a drawer. I look at them time to time. If only I thought and reacted then like I feel now, but you get real good at just letting things go and smile. But I was a nut, that is no joke, Charlie Sheen, had nothing on me.

The words are true, YOU WILL FEEL BETTER and you will feel differently, but you'll be ok, shoot, I am and I'm not done.

Different posts and for sure the older threads in the archives, they "pop" in my mind. I feel that's what I needed, just to quit posting for a bit and just absorb.I pray for all of us to have the Lord Cover all our Needs and keep us safe.

I did keep my word in all of this, only asked for ex to believe me, I didn't ask for anything. I have seen a heck of a trainwreck, but what can you do, eventually you realize, you can't rescue and it's not all your deal. Go dark a lot quicker and BE YOU!

You're the one that has to look in the mirror everyday, make a difference in someone's life and be unselfish. You also never know what you post and how it can make a difference for someone else.

And in these threads there are a lot of words of wisdom.

I'm not here because of the month, I never left, but Thankful for all of you and you all are a blessing.

AYK

C
C
Just a shout out, you were the very first person to post to me almost 2 years ago on this board.
I have been at this getting close to 30 months now.

Glad you are sounding so much better.
Sorry that you had to witness the train wreck.
We all are sorry for that but out of the ashes comes a much newer and better life.

Count on that. smile smile smile

Me-70, D37,S36

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard