Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2190766 10/04/11 04:49 PM
S
OP Offline
S
About a year ago when I found the forum I was in a pretty bad spot, exhuasted, resentful, and wondering if my W was leaving or having an EA. She had told me she had no respect for me. We weren't enjoying each other at all, and she WAS enjoying the excitment and company of other people, mostly her new boss and coworkers. The anxiety was so bad I would literally shake most of the time. I felt and acted weak. It was a struggle to be a good dad. And that list that circulates around here about what NOT to do in your M, well, I did most of them daily. It took an IC, some ADs, much reading, a million miles of running, and some serious self examination - but I'm really thankful to say that things are better here a year later. I am doing better, setting limits, and being more active in directing my own life. I'm more comfortable speaking my mind and saying no. Some of the "old" me has come back....a work in progress, of course. And over time my W has "come back". She's clearly pulled back some from her boss - though maybe not entirely. So while our life is still VERY busy and I am still exhuasted most days, I'm not as resentful and at least we're pulling together. Since it's been about a year for me in all this I wanted to just say thanks....to the forum and all those who took the time to offer their advice or share their stories.

~
~
If that ^^^ isn't a success story... I don't think I know the meaning of success... cool

Congratulations! Keep up the good work! It appears to be paying big dividends!

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
~
~
I am so happy you are in a better place.
It does take work...but it is so worth it.

"Everyone you meet has baggage. Find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack."
¤Formerly DelinquentGurl¤

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard