Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
OP Offline
R
I've decided that I really need to go "in training". I've got something coming up in July that might be HUGE for me personally...or not... but just in case it happens, at all, it would be really good for me to be in tip top shape for it and if it doesn't, oh well, at least I'm in good shape smile and chances are there will be another opportunity at some point. I don't want to jinx it by talking about it specifically. I've got some big dreams and you never know, sometimes some dreams come true. For me to have a chance, being in excellent physical, mental, and emotional shape will be important.

So here's the step-up to awesome first goal:

GYM 3x this week
Wii Yoga and other exercises 30 min 2x this week

me: 57
H: 54
M: 18 y
Affair over on Dday: 6/99
Never split-up but it was a hard road
D: 38 GD:18
I forget so I come back here I know these principles are the way to go which ever way it goes!
Y
Y
Originally Posted By: SillyOldBear
.....Do you two remember DanceQueen and Bagheera? I've kept in touch with them at www.slj.proboards.com for awhile now. DQ is crazy as ever and still trying to get me to read Mars and Venus, but she's got her marriage doped out pretty well.

Good story about your new shorts! Getting new clothes can be a real moral booster. To me, the other day, I was able to get into some "old" 38-inch waist underwear I use to wear (a long time ago) and that was a real ego booster.

Yes, I remember DQ. I checked out the website and it looks like all kinds of folks have migrated over to their. Interesting.

Thanks and good luck.

>43 years of marriage--My wife and I are now closer than we have been in decades. I believe that my SSM is over.
S
S
Well, whatever your opportunity is, I hope it comes off. If it doesn't, it sounds like there may still be possibilities.

You'll tell us what it was after it happens, right?

Recovering Sex-Starved Husband.
R
OP Offline
R
Thank you, and oh yes, I will tell you! However it turns out, it will be important to me.

Up before the birds and exercised with the Wii. Saw a number on the scale I haven't seen in about 9 months. This is good smile I like the Wii because it's told me I'm on average 8 years younger than I am and for most poses, I'm a yoga master smile I'm a sucker for flattery even from a machine.

I forget so I come back here I know these principles are the way to go which ever way it goes!
R
OP Offline
R
Walk with a friend not real vigorous but better than not walking. Shake should last me till dinner or if not I have berries and apples.

R
OP Offline
R
Didn't know Bagheera or DanceQueen but the slj website looks interesting and I agree with their premise.

S
S
Well, all are welcome. Come on over.

My wife has the balance board for the Wii, but . . . . I'm actually too heavy to use it.

I did get a good workout yesterday, though. Elliptical trainers and my bicycle have been my salvation. Had a 250-calorie shake for breakfast today (Slim Fast, skim milk, and half a banana) today, too, so I'm off to a good start.

S
S
Took some time off for a family vacation. Ate what I wanted, exercised only for fun. Today was my first day back, so I hit the gym (hey, the gym is air-conditioned; it actually feels pretty good in there) and tried to eat right. Didn't quite hit the 2,000-calorie target, but close. I didn't gain over vacation, just didn't lose.

Tomorrow, 2000 strict calories and a before-dawn workout. Already got my lunch ordered so I don't have the problem I had today. Then my wife takes off to spend a week in Texas the day after that, and I have some time off. I think I may take the boys camping.

Next goal is to be able to wear the next size smaller pants and shirts when school starts; I want to buy new work pants, shoes and shirts and toss all my old ones, which are too big for me now. That gives me about a month to lose about another inch off my waist and belly. I honestly have no idea whether that's reasonable or not, just going to put my head down and try it.

Interestingly, the trainer I worked with today (a behavior "expert" consultant training teachers) teaches that "life changes" take at least one month per year of age. Her point was that you can't expect to outlast a kid and get him to change chronic bad behaviors in a 9-month school year if he's 15. But I got to thinking . . . if that rule of thumb is true, I should expect to have to do something for nearly three years before it's a solid habit for life.

Y
Y
Your post seemed to be lonely, so I thought I would add some updated info on my new weight GAL efforts.

This past weekend my wife and I went out shopping for some new sports pants for me to wear on a vacation. I am officially into some size 35 inch waist pants! Some of the pants were "medium's" and one pair of shorts fit best in a size 36 inch waist.

My BMI is now 54th percentile for men my age, so I am now slightly overweight. I am now finally under the 210 to 215 pound range I had been stuck at for months.

I now need to keep it up. I have been eating lighter meals and a lot more fruit recently.

>43 years of marriage--My wife and I are now closer than we have been in decades. I believe that my SSM is over.
S
S
Great job! I'd commit black sorcery to be "Overweight." You're doing big things.

And thanks for rescuing my post in the wilderness.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard