Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2141859 03/22/11 09:30 PM
R
Ruikee Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I just wanted to post some things that may or may not help some people out there. You can review some of my threads for some background.
With the help of DB and DR, i successfully DB'd twice in the past eight years. I am currently seperated again for almost 5 months now. Each time the stakes were higher, bigger house, more stuff, etc. This time i have a two year old boy. Never in a million years either of us thought we would be here again with a child this time. I really do not think i will be successful this time. What i realized through all of this is DB is really for you. You can only control your own thoughts, actions, and emotions. I havent given up hope but the main thing that has brought me back here, is that after things are good, life gets in the way, and you slip back into your old ways, forgetting the tools that you used to make it work. Especially with the birth of a child. You become so foucused on that little bundle of joy and foget what it was that brought both people to decided to bring a life into the world. And then it usually goes down hill from there. not all the time, but it looks that way from most people i have talked to that are in this similiar sitch.

The advice i would like to give, is to really work on yourself no matter what sitch you are in. And make sure the changes are permannent so you do not slip back to old ways. Maybe even do a monthly self check of yourself. There was pain before , but even more so with a young child that i do not get to see as often as i used to.

I hate the word D and it is so sad that there are so many going through this. My heart goes out to all of you, and thanks for the support over all these years. Please try and make the statistics go down if you possibly can.

My prayers are for all of you. Take Care....

M - 42
W - 41
Married 9 years July 24, 2010
WAW moved out 8-9-10
2nd Marriage for Both
S 2
SS 13 from W first Marriage
thanks for the words and I am sorry you are here again. It's sad to see someone back again, we are here and if we can help we will.

Best of luck

BITS

N
N
Ditto. It really is unfortunate the second time around.

Thanks for the words of inspiration

BITS
M-46
W-42
M-16y
T-19 y
s10 s15
BombDec.19/09
Sep-F16/10
Sep Papers signed by W- June 30/10
Recon July 5/10
PA foundOut- Oct 30/10
Mental HospNov/10
moved out Nov/10
Leg Sep Mar 15/11
G
grr Offline
G
hi ruikee,
i am so sorry you are here again

i understand completely
i am here for the second time

when i got my gift of another shot i swore up and down that i would not forget what i had learned

and you are exactly right, life gets in the way....
we get comfortable and complacent again

i don't think i am going to be as lucky this time...my h has already moved out, although he is in no rush to file

i really hope that 3 times is a charm for you

really and truly

thanks for sharing

BITS
R
Ruikee Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks for the kind words. GRR, i dont think i will be as lucky this time either. I hate to give up hope especially with a new child, but such is life.

Blessings to all....

M - 42
W - 41
Married 9 years July 24, 2010
WAW moved out 8-9-10
2nd Marriage for Both
S 2
SS 13 from W first Marriage
~
~
I am sorry we are all here, and we are all hurting. But I am grateful for the support and for the stories being shared.
It's comforting to know I am not alone.

"Everyone you meet has baggage. Find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack."
¤Formerly DelinquentGurl¤

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard