I
Just got a text from my W I thought I would share with everybody:

w: "Thanks for bringing baby over this morning"

m: "no problem"

w: "It was great to see u too."

m: "Good seeing you too"

w: "I am really hopeful because of our recent time and conversations"

w: "Thank u for giving things a chance again"

m: "I am really proud of the reflection you have done. We have both grown as humans. I am hopeful too".

Whoa .... this is a new stage for us. It has been slowly developing.

How did we get here? She moved out. I went DARK. She started texting me once in awhile. Then, she started calling. I tried very hard to make every communication with me purely positive. I asked her about work. I didn't complain. I GAL .... hard core. GAL GAL GAL GAL. I started new hobbies. I told her about all the cool things I was doing.

She asked me on a date. We talked a bunch. She told me she's sorry .... she knows she hurt me. I said yes, it had. But, that I know we had both grown out of it. Then, we went dancing. That had always been a complaint of hers ... that I didn't dance. But, we went dancing. We had a blast .... and she had a look in her eyes like she wanted to pounce on me that night. Well, I did stay with her.... but there was no pouncing :-)

Over the last few weeks, she has asked me on, and we have gone on several dates. I asked her on one as well. Every time, we have had fun.

This weekend, she asked if she could come up to my parents' house with me. I said yes .. and my parents were ok with it. So, we went up as a family. We had a great time together there was even some intimate time ;-) ..... and had a great time getting to be together like old times ..... with our daughter.

On the way back, we had some very serious conversation. She was asking me if I could ever forgive her ... I said that I thought I could get there in time yes. She said she is scared to move too fast, because she's afraid the same old pattern will emerge. Where, she will go with the flow, then she will decide she doesn't like it, won't say anything ... and then sabbotage things. She's done it countless times. I'm scared of this too .... and told her I was scared too and didn't want to move too fast either.

So ...... I'm not out of the woods ..... not by a long shot. And, I'm not the same person. I'm not 100% convinced I want a M with her anymore. I think I do though. And, I'm willing to work towards that.

The hardest part .... is not to go to bitterville ...... and remind her of all the ways she screwed up. When the R talks get deep, it is hard to to express my pain. But, I don't.

I know there are so many people on this board in various stages. I just wanted to share my update ..... and tell all of you to take CARE OF YOURSELVES. Don't worry about your crazy WAS .... they are their problem now. You have to be ok coming out of this nomatter how it ends.

B.I.T.S

Formerly known as onStepAtATime
Me:31 W:31
T:13 yrs M:8 yrs
D: 20 months
ILYBNILWY: 9/22/10
"I want a separation" 1/05/11
F
F
Awesome IM! Just avoid complacency at all costs. Keep up the great work.

And a very wise statement...

Originally Posted By: ironMan
and tell all of you to take CARE OF YOURSELVES. Don't worry about your crazy WAS .... they are their problem now. You have to be ok coming out of this no matter how it ends.

My hero

BITS

O
O
WOW! That's is an amazing turn around.

ironman, u r my hero!!! Keep up the good work. . . and post more often. It's always good to read about a positive situation on here.

OMW

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

M: 45 WAW: 36
T: 17 M: 14 Kids: D9
ILYBNILWY: 6/2010
W left: 2/2011
W back: 2/2012
I
ironMan Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thanks everybody. I need to start a new thread. I will post more regularly as well. I think part of my going dark on W .. was separating from the sitch .... including writing about it or even thinking about it too much.

B.I.T.S

Formerly known as onStepAtATime
Me:31 W:31
T:13 yrs M:8 yrs
D: 20 months
ILYBNILWY: 9/22/10
"I want a separation" 1/05/11
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard