Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
MsRae #2131047 02/15/11 10:38 PM
Z
Z
Originally Posted By: MsRae
Zen,

Thanks for checking on me. My thread was buried on page 9 or something, bc I stopped talking for a bit. I just wanted it all to go away for a bit.

This is just hard sometimes.

You doing ok? Been thinking about you. Living with the MLC'er is hard, but I know what a hard time you have had with him being gone. It feels like there is no winning with this.

Ok, gonna snap out of my poor me mode and get busy on my chores.

Hugs, Zen. Hope you are well.

Rae

Rae:

Glad to see you checked back in. I understand you have to sometimes sit back and coast for a bit. I tend to do that on weekends with the board and I'm also trying to GAL in the process.

I'm hanging - you know. WE will come out winners. Our WAS will realize someday what they have lost. I personally feel that I'd rather be alone if I can't be with my H. I just love him that much and sometimes I don't feel he deserves it.

Listen, please keep posting more often. WE're here for you.

Peace and Prayers - ZEN

BITS

M: 48, H: 42 Kids: 0
T: 20 yrs M: 16 yrs. (H's 1st, my 2nd)
WAS/MLC: 12/7/09-I'm not the wife HE deserved
Came home per L: 12/26/09, Left again: 2/6/10
Served: 10/21/10, D FINAL: 6/15/11
MsRae #2131101 02/16/11 12:51 AM
B
B
Hi! Just read through your post, and I am so sorry for all you have been through.

Is it not your H's place to take care of his mother? I think you have done enough .... you looked after his dad (after all the things he has said about you) and now his mother. Why is this on your shoulders?

I would've done the same thing for my daughter and to protect my other children from similar abuse.

Take care.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
M
MsRae Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Being,

You would think, huh?

His standard line for everything is-"I have a job." To some degree he is right. There's so much that I can do during the day and then "we" are free in the evenings. Anytime I have asked him to take care of something, he says "right, I'll just take a vacation day to take care of that." He makes me feel guilty. He's good at that and hey, it works. Why would he want to change it?

Rae

H:44
M:42
D:16, 15, 14
S:12
M:17 years

To thine own self, be true.

Be still and know that I am God.
MsRae #2133117 02/20/11 01:05 AM
M
M
Rae,

Your story really taught me to thank my lucky stars, as I feel like nothing but a big complainer after what you've been through.

No doubt you are an angel on earth, as mortals would have long ago imploded under the stress.

God bless you. World

F
F
MsRae,
I took some time tonight to read your entire sitch. My gosh, you have been through hell and back. For that I want to apologize to you for what you have been through and commend you for making it through.

That is quite a bit of stuff to digest, but I do think I can help you with one of your issues. My W and I met in 1995. We dated for some time, moved in together in 1999 and got married in 2001. Things were going well. But, in 2000, I lost my father to a very long battle with cancer. My father, who was once a very proud and strong man died very slowly and painfully over many months. On his last day, he only weighed around 120 lbs after spending much of his life around 190 - 200. He was frail and crazy from all the pain medication he was on at the end. On his last day, I had to hold him down while they administered IV's and a catheter because he was fighting against treatment. To this day, I can close my eyes and still see him looking up at me as I held him down. His eyes were screaming, "why are you doing this to me, son?" After his death, I found myself having to deal with his death and having to take care of my fiance', my widowed mother and two younger siblings. I never realized what happened to me.

The truth of the matter is that my father's death destroyed me as a human being and a husband. I was never the same. I did many of the things your husband did. What I didn't realize it that for 10 years, I was pissed about my father's death and I took it out on my W. She didn't give him cancer, she didn't kill him. But, each day, as I looked to put that anger somewhere, she was all to easily there for me to dump on. Before my father's death, I wanted kids. After, I said I never wanted children. Before his death, I wanted to settle down, get a good job, raise a family and live the American Dream. After his death, I could not party enough, drink enough, stay out late enough or be a big enough ass at times. My W, who I love more than anything in this world put up with it for 9 years. Last year, she had just had enough. Now, I am alone and in counseling for all of this. It makes me tear up to think that she stuck it out this long...

What is the point of all this? Please try to get your husband in counseling. My father was my best friend. He was the father that all my friends wanted to have. Watching him get cut down in his fifty's by cancer took all my faith and love in this world. All that was left was a cold, angry shell of a human being that destroyed his M with his irrational behavior. Now, let me be clear, there was no infidelity, no abuse, no drug use, no abandonment. But, I was a complete *ss to live with and I now know why she had to leave. My current S is my fault, no doubt.

My C has helped me to deal with my issues related to my father's death. They can help your husband too. Please try to get him to seek help. I started seeing a C four months ago and it has helped. If I had started this four years ago like my W asked me to, I would not be here today.

Please try to get him some help. It could make all the difference in the world...

I wish you peace and luck, sweetheart!

BITS never walk alone!

FOBD

Me: 39
W: 36
T: 15 yrs
M: 9 yrs
S: 09/10

So you can get on with your search, baby
And I can get on with mine
And maybe someday we will find,
That it wasn't really wasted time...
Ms Rae

How are you doing lately??

BITS

Z
Z
Hi Rae---Sending you hugs!

BITS

M: 48, H: 42 Kids: 0
T: 20 yrs M: 16 yrs. (H's 1st, my 2nd)
WAS/MLC: 12/7/09-I'm not the wife HE deserved
Came home per L: 12/26/09, Left again: 2/6/10
Served: 10/21/10, D FINAL: 6/15/11
M
MsRae Offline OP
OP Offline
M
FOBD, World, Zen, 2step,

I am in a much better place today. Thanks for checking on me!

Love my BITS!

H:44
M:42
D:16, 15, 14
S:12
M:17 years

To thine own self, be true.

Be still and know that I am God.
MsRae #2134629 02/23/11 06:55 PM
G
grr Offline
G