Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2122320 01/21/11 06:14 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Not sure if you understood the subject, but I'm talking about Valentine's Day. I'm starting to see a lot of advertising and it's contributing to my crappy feelings.

It was never a huge day in our relationship, but I also took it as an oppurtunity to buy my W something frilly that I'd be lucky if she'd wear once. I also figured it was a good way to show her that I believe she is sexy.

So this year will be different. I'm not sure at this point if I'll do anything specifically for the W, obviously something very simple - possible just to show I'm still in this.

I've been starting to think that I'll spend my energy doing something "cute" for all of my girls and put the attention on them for the day. Good way to continue to show my W that I am thoughtful, considerate, and a good father.

Anyone else have any thoughts about this?

What about any of you that do not have kids? How do you plan to spend the day?

BITS
SIC

Me - 34
W - 33
M - 8 years
T - 15 years
D7, D5, D2
Bomb Nov 10/2010 "I'm not happy and INILWY"
W Staying for the kids Mar 13/2011
G
G
Valentine's Day can be bad at first. Do something to distract yourself.

Will you have or be able to see your girls that day?

Doing for your D's is a really good idea. You can acknowledge it with her too.

I have kids that are older (D18 and D15) so they do their own thing.

I use to drag out the last V I got from my H just for laughs. It was a chocolate voodoo doll. Sounds morbid, but it always made me laugh and then I would go on about doing something enjoyable.

W
W
I think your idea is great. Nothing to mushy and include everyone in it.

For me the big V is also my anniversary. So I really don't know what I will do. We had plans but I don't think I will even mention it. I think it will bother the kids though so I will do something with them.

Me:35, 2 kids from PR
H: 37, 2 kids with me
T: 15 years
M: 8 years in Feb.
Second walk out: 14-01-2011
H had PA: 2007
H
H
Wanda, I am so sorry. *hug*

I thought about that today too. Since I'm not sure where I am - piecing or what - I don't know. Our first Valentine's Day (been dating about 10 months), I went all out. He took me out to dinner and got me roses but I also romanced him. I got roses for the bedroom, in several different vases around the room. Fake petals for the floor and bed (because real ones stain). A helium tank (Wal-Mart or Target) and 50 red, pink and white balloons floating on the ceiling tied to strings hanging down in various lengths. At the end of the strings are hearts made out of pink, red and white construction paper floating around the room. Each one with either a photo of us as a couple or a saying like "Be Mine", "Yours Only", etc. H said no one had ever made that much effort for him, he really appreciated it. I thought about recreating that... remind him of us dating and that I do love and appreciate him and all our photos of our life together around him. It may be too much at this point or what's needed to pull him back in. I don't know. But throwing that idea out for me and the others piecing if you need a really romantic idea.

Me - 38, 2nd M, no living children, 1 forever 6 yr old boy
H - 44, 3rd M, twins 16

Dating 4/07
M 10/08
Bomb #1 12/10
Bomb #2 1/11
Bomb #3 12/11
A
A
All I pray for is that H doesn't do anything for OW on V day .....booohooohooo

Me:49 H:45 D:12 M:14 T:18
Bomb: 6/26/10
EA: 9/3/10, fizzled out slowly, now ???
11/5/11 Retrouvaille
Finally piecing....
Its peaceful at last, but we got a looong way to go
Q
Q
At least you didn't get married on that day. I did.
Oy!

BITS
Me-51, WAS-52
Kids 2
M-26yrs, H.left 2009, 2 more Bomb drops, Reconnection spring 2013
Change is inevitable, personal growth is a choice.
Love is a action and choice you make, every day.

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard