Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WG,

Sounds like things are working out well for you and Crish. Send a little of that good luck my way will you? Too many decisions to make here and too many money problems.Oh well...at least life isn't dull.

Glad things are falling into place for you. Glad you both found the perfect house.

rayanne

wiseguy Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks Ray, it all will work out for you too....I know it will.

Paul

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep Paul, I imagine it will. Patience just isn't my strong suit.

rayanne

Quoting wiseguy:
This past Friday Crisch and I went out to look at a house for me to buy, and for her to pay for!!!!!!

This sounds kind of funny, so I wanted to clarify: Paul is putting down 35% of the price of the house. I'm the one getting the mortgage. How did this come to be? Well, the wonderful lender that I'm working with has a no income, no asset loan program which is perfect for me! No need to worry about proving alimony or child support for 3 more years, no worrying about how to explain that the downpayment money is coming from my fiance.... If anyone has ever done mortgage banking (I did for 10 yrs), then you know what I'm talking about.

Woo Hoo!

The house is very cute, cozy, and on a big lot without being in the country. The lot is level, a big deal in the hilly Pittsburgh area, and it's in the school district that I wanted for S. S has not been inside yet, but he's starting to get curious after an initial stage of not really wanting to know. Tonight he asked me what the street address was and if we could grow strawberries there. I bought him a scrapbook called "My New Home and Me", which has checklists and spaces for kids to describe the old home, the new home, and paste lots of pictures. I gave S the job of being the Offical Moving Photographer! His job is to take pictures throughout the move and chronicle the whole adventure.

(S was already a budding photographer before Paul joined our family. He takes after Mom in that respect!)

Ah, it's an exciting time! Paul and I are already chomping at the bit to get the tape measure out and start planning our bathroom remodel and two story addition. Palladian windows, hon?

This weekend brings another trip down to NC to put in the kitchen floor and to finish with the upstairs carpeting project. Soon the NC house will be back on the market for spring and my eternal hope is that some nice family will come along and see the great potential in this house. It really is a nice place and I hope the Research Triangle Park economy picks up soon. Lots of people are hurting down there.

What a quiet night! S is sleeping directly behind me, breathing heavily, and missing one tooth. Paul is out at work, learning how to sell photography to customers. I think it's time for this girl to trip off to bed....

Crisch, welcome to the area...Paul also if he wasn't from here. Would you do us a little favor...and spread some of your good luck to the sports teams...they could sure use it....lol

Good luck to both of you...buster

Crisch: So is that type of loan specific for your area? I never heard of such a thing - is it like an ARM that in 3 years you have to refinance? Have fun!

Missy

This is so fun to read about...!! I'm thrilled for you both!

What a nut, already talking about remodeling. Can't keep that girl still, huh Paul?

Buster, Here we go, Stillers, here we go! Love Cowher! Local boy does good.

As for the Pens, well, I was newly living in Pittsburgh for the first two Stanley cups. Maybe I can bring that luck again.

The Pirates, yikes!

Missy, it was through Countrywide and it might have been a program available because I'm a current customer. Just call them up and ask about the Fast and Easy loan program. It's a conventional loan. What I chose was a 30yr fixed rate at 5.875%. I still can't believe that rate!

Frosty, I gotta tell you. The two of us are impossible. We were walking around on one lot where there were two houses, talking about bulldozing one, rebuilding it, then bulldozing the other one. But, honestly, we couldn't decide on which one to bulldoze first! Both houses were in sad shape! At least we found one that's safe to live in!

Oh, and it needs new tile in the bathroom. Hint, hint....

crisch

I grew up in beaver county, where are you guys locating, also if paul can stand it, state civil service is not that tough to get into, nice 8-4 job and good bene's

poe

Poe Has Got Off The Runaway Train
Poepad:

We're in Butler Co. Paul used to be a govt employee as an assessor. He's applied locally but nothing yet. He'd love the 8-4! Heck, I'D love 8-4!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard