Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
GG, my wife was a WAW, our R started to change when she started going to conventions and living the high life on her trips, 3 months after separation, she is PA with rich buddy of her boss. She wanted the life style I could not give her. I withdrew as the conventions were told to me in great detail. Also the rich buddy was along on some of the trips, I did not know at the time. She claim no A at all. Did your trips affect him? Poe

Poe Has Got Off The Runaway Train
T
T
I'm 37. Married 3 years, 10 months.
First marriage for both.
Separated April 2002 for 8 months when I was 36. Divorced Jan. 2003 (I think).
No children. Although, I have a 9 year old son from a previous relationship.

Our parents have known each other since they were 10 and 11 respectively. So, I met my xh when he was 2 for the first time. As adults, I first met my x when I was 28. We dated for a year before M. I wanted to wait an additional year before marrying. Xh is 33 and experiencing a MLC. It is my plan to never see him again.

Last week, after my xh left 9 months ago, I went on my first date. It lasted all of 45 minutes before I got up and walked out. I should have left 5 minutes after I arrived. If a man feels it necessary to peddle himself as a gentleman, he's not a gentleman.

A few weeks ago I ran across a 35 and under divorce board. The majority of people were still in marriages but planning to divorce their spouse. I've seen similar type posts on the yahoo boards.

Last edited by TeresaF; 01/31/03 06:15 AM.
GG Offline
Hi Poe,
Are you referring to my business trips? Well, I only usually travel for short trips 3 days max, once or twice a month. Occasionally, it's more than that, but not usually. And they're not glamourous. I am an engineer in the computer business, which as you know has fallen on some really hard times. It's quites stressful, too. My wasband is a technician in the same biz. Long days, with meetings sometimes into the late evenings, trying to make magic with no budgets, sleeping in strange hotel beds, on jet lag, drinking strange water (which tends to affect me in ways I won't elaborate on here.) That's not to say I hate it, because I try to have fun (catch up with old friends, & rarely sightseeing). But, it's not like it's a party every night by any stretch of the imagination.

Now, here's the clincher....I took this job in 2000. Prior to that, I only traveled once or twice a year. His MLC started in 97, with the affairs (that I know of) starting in 98. So, it wasn't so much a precipitating factor, as it was an opportunity. He only took advantage of the travel and went to hotel rooms when I was out of town because the ho lives 20 miles east of the plant. Our house is 5 miles west, and our daughter was living at home.

Our life style really didn't change in other ways. I had been out of work for 2 years prior to 2000, so we were catching up on bills. I contintued to cook from scratch and homemake as I had been. No high life there. Still isn't.

GG

newton0 Offline OP
OP Offline
Quoting TeresaF:
A few weeks ago I ran across a 35 and under divorce board. The majority of people were still in marriages but planning to divorce their spouse. I've seen similar type posts on the yahoo boards.

Can you share the URLs? I would be interested in seeing the situation from other viewpoints.

Me: 46
Ex: 38
Married: 10
Together: 12
No Children
Separated (again): 09/06/13
Divorced: 02/27/15
T
T
Quote:

Can you share the URLs? I would be interested in seeing the situation from other viewpoints.

I didn't save the link, I'll have to look in my history folder to see if the site is still listed. Then, I'll link the post.

T
T
Divorce Support and Recovery for Under 35's.

I had to go back in the archives to find WAS's who posted.

As far as Yahoo or other similar type MB's; go to google.com and enter keyword into the message board search field.

With all, I found a mix of people who were both left and WAS's posting. There tend to be a greater number of those who were left posting. Most WAS's probably don't have time to post much or often with their new lives.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard