Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
A
A
I texted my soon to be ex have a good year, she texted back U2.

I sent it not expecting a reply, but you do have to be true to yourself too.

If you are a kind and caring person, continue to be a kind caring person.

If wishing someone the best is pressure, well that's on them, not you.

That's my 2 cents.

L
OP Offline
L
That is a perspective I haven't thought of and I am a caring and kind person! I will just have no expectations. Thank you for reminding me that I am that kind of person.

Have a great 2011!

Lorie
W47 H48 D16
M20
H gone 11/9/10 lives w/OW

When you forgive,you heal. When you let go,you grow. When you cry to God, you surrender. When you love unconditionally, you show others Christ's love.
L
OP Offline
L
Well, I did send H a test yesterday and of course I did not hear anything back, but wasn't expecting it. I did unfriend H on Facebook. I communicate with so many friends and family on there that I just didn't want him knowing my business. He doesn't post much on his facebook page but OW does and I just don't need to see that either. I actually blocked them both. I wasn't friends with her either, but I just didn't want either of them to have the ability to see anything! It has made me feel empowered and free to be me!

Lorie
W47 H48 D16
M20

When you forgive,you heal. When you let go,you grow. When you cry to God, you surrender. When you love unconditionally, you show others Christ's love.
M
M
Well Lorie, at least you didn't have any expectations. I continued to sit on my hands and never did text so I guess we were both successful in our own ways.

I will see STBXH today when he drops the kids off and will wish him a Happy New Year then and I also won't hold any expectations like you did so as to not be disappointed. I'm just so excited to have my kiddies back as it's been a long holiday without them.

As for Facebook, I did the same a long time ago and I really stil believe it was for the better.

Me: 41
STBXH: 36
D: 11
S: 9
BOMB 12/2009
SEPARATED 5/2010
D SERVED BY ME 9/2010
FINAL D When I'm ready
L
OP Offline
L
Full,

I am so proud of you for sitting on your hands. Keep the no expectations going and know that we are all here for you.

I am excited to see my D too, she has been with her BF and his family out of town all weekend. I will have her until Friday and then she will go to H for the weekend. But I have gotten so use to it just being she and I that I have really missed her.

Have a fantastic day!

Lorie
W47 H48 D16
M20

L
OP Offline
L
Today was a good day! I got all my Christmas decorations down and some laundry done. I even cooked myself a little dinner. D got home later than expected, but glad she got back safe and sound. She and I had a great conversation about the fun she had. I thought, how sad that her father wasn't here experiencing this. I don't think he even knows how much he is missing out on.

Tomorrow I am meeting my mom for shopping and then applying for more jobs!

Lorie
W47 H48 D16
M20

PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION is NOT ALLOWED. You must comply with the DivorceBusting.com Board Rules if you would like to continue the privilege of posting here.

Michele Weiner-Davis
The Divorce Busting Center

Transform your marriage with a private 2-day intensive with Michele Weiner-Davis. http://www.themarriageintensive.com
Email michele@divorcebusting.com
E
E
Lorie

Good luck on the job search.

God Bless,
Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
L
OP Offline
L
Thank you Eric! I know that finding a job will help me focus on myself and not on H. It will also release a financial tie to H and again that will help me focus on myself.

I want to continue this growth and finding a job will be a great ego boost, not that I have a poor self-esteem, because I know I am great. But, being productive in a job, being around new people and taking control of my financial well-being will be a huge jump!

Lorie
W47 H48 D16
M20

L
OP Offline
L
Today I have been reading alot about the MLCer and really have determined that this is what is happening to my H. It is amazing how some of their descriptions can be right on target with his personality. The thing that scares me the most is the length of this crisis. It is totally out of our control and learning to react properly is essential in forcing them to work on their own issues instead of blaming. My goodness, this could take forever. I have never really known my H to be so introspective, so he may never work on his own issues. This makes me sad in a way, not for me, but for him. I know that I will be okay, but he may never get out of this craziness.

I do know not pursuing him has given me strength to focus on myself and my D's needs. I know that I don't worry so much about what he wants from me. I do wonder what he is doing and thinking, because we have never gone this long without talking. But, I feel I am doing the right thing for me. I am much more relaxed and present with D and it feels right at this time to do this for me.

I hope everyone had a good day!

Lorie
W47 H48 D16
M20

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard