Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
M
M
Too funny! Dan is trying to get in your head by calling instead of texting. You're probably right, he knows you are seeing someone and he's getting a little panicked about it. Oh well....his problem. Let him stew. smile

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hmm....so remember that thing where when we first started here we would make goal lists of things we wanted from our then-spouses?

I wanted Dan to call me to talk to me and not the kids.

I wanted him to initiate contact instead of me.

I wanted him to invite me on outings w/the kids instead of just accepting when I invited him.

So, this past week he has hit the trifecta... confused

I am supposed to hand the kids off to him on my weekends, after church. Then he gets them Sunday afternoon and overnight. Sometimes I text asking when he wants them bc sometimes it is right at 11:40 when church lets out and other times he might be 'busy' on the farm or wherever and say 3 or 4. Two weeks ago he was out of town and didn't get back till 7...

So anyway i didn't text him bc I didn't really care today, I have no plans except laundry. So he texted me instead (I figured I would have to call sometime after church) and asked if I wanted to go get lunch after church.i said fine kids and I were planning on going to Pizza Hut. So he met us there and he paid. smile

Sad thing is when I told kids we were meeting daddy they both whined and said, "NO!" They just wanted lunch with me. I asked what was the deal bc they always want us to do stuff together, and we don't. So they said it's bc Daddy is such a grump and they would rather be with me. Ouch...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
M
M
Out of the mouths of babes comes TRUTH!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I know Mish, too bad he doesn't believe it. Nathan even said the other night he wished he was with me more often and not as often with is dad. frown

So this day keeps getting weirder. First he invites me out to lunch. And pays.

Well at lunch we were talking about the big school bond initiative. He is working actively to promote it. I am not doing a lot bc as a teacher it is kind of sensitive, can't speak as a representative of the school, use my title, do anything on school time, school grounds, with my school computer etc to promote it.

The other night he called to see if it was ok for me to put a sign in my yard, and then promptly drove over and put one in my yard for me!

Anyway today he asked if I was allowed to call people because he is on the calling team, has gone through three call sheets and has another one left. I said I would prob have to check w/my union rep and see if it was ok for teachers to call. (I doubt I really need to ask as long as I don't do it on school time but that's what I told him).

Well I leave him with the kids and go shopping. 3 hrs later he tests me "What does your teamster boss have to say?" He and I make fun of the teacher's union all the time so I knew he was kidding. (No offense union people but I think the teacher's union is a menace)

Then I replied back, "She said just make sure I am well compensated for my services smile " I was teasing bc he thinks unions always ask for money for everything.

Well he replied back, "Neat" and then "Fine". I thought oh great now he is going to be pissy. Instead he texted "Then I will make you some brownies."

I replied back that I had been kidding but I do like brownies. He asked if he could drop a sheet by and I said I was out but would be home after 6.

He just came by with the sheet. I tried to take it in the driveway but he insisted on coming in so he could explain the 'process' to me... When he left I said, "Oh btw you know I don't like nuts in my brownies" He said, "I know..." I really can't eat brownies on my food plan but it would be hilarious if he made them.

So he no more than leaves then I get a phone call from him. He wants to know the name of the family he mentioned to me on the list that was voting no. Um, you just told me their names! I read it off and he said Yep they are mom and dad's neighbors. Well if you know who they are why call? And then one minute later he texts me that Sydney took a 2 hr nap today. Again, it is his day, why do I need to know?

As well. This is kind of fun.

Back to work now. I bought a funky new ceiling fan cleaner and a wireless printer for my laptop. Time to clean and organize!

Oh and supposed to get another 6-8" Monday-Wednesday this week. Grr!!

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

K
K
Grrrr, he is "sucking you back in" my darling.

I so wish you find a nice man and get your mind off of Dan.
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
No he isn't! I already found a nice man...a very nice man. I spend more time thinking about him than I do dan... blush smile

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

A
A
I think this is good BBJ. You have options. You are going to be able to do what you feel is best for you.

M:39 W:37
Together: 16 years
Married: 11 years
Bomb: May '09 (ILYBNILWY)
Moved out: Nov '09
D: 10, 8, 4
S
S
Dan smells it too BBj... that's why he is circling his wagons. i agree with Kalni. Watch yourself!

I hope you can get your weekends switched but I would try now before Dan figures out that you are seeing someone (sort of).

M:47
M:18
D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009
I Filed: Nov 17, 2009
Final: April 14, 2010
EX walked away from kids too

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: sandycay
Dan smells it too BBj... that's why he is circling his wagons. i agree with Kalni. Watch yourself!

I hope you can get your weekends switched but I would try now before Dan figures out that you are seeing someone (sort of).

THIS^^^

That's what I am trying to do. I have sent him two emails, I don't really want to call him to talk about it. After the first one he texted me that we could talk weekends when he got back from his trip...then he never brought it up.

I sent a detailed but brief email stating I needed to switch for February bc of speech contests...and said I would like to switch permanently. Switching means I get them Christmas and he gets them New Years and Spring Break which lines up with our 2011 schedule, so it would mean less rearranging down the line, which should appeal to his logical side.

We got a call at 6:45 from the superintendent saying 2 hr late start due to a patch of freezing rain that moved in unexpecedly. This is an automated call that goes out to all parents and it gave the reason clearly. Ten minutes later Dan calls me and asks me if I knew there was a late start (duh I am a teacher and he knows I am in the system) and then he asks me why we are having a late start. I said, "Did you listen to the message?" He said Yeah and I said, "Then you know it's because of freezing rain" and he says, "Yeah it is slippery outside" Seriously? So no need to call me!

I am more watching with amusement than getting sucked back in. For all I know he is being nice bc he and Steffie are getting married on Valentine's Day and he wants to butter me up. No more assuming his motives...

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
SC I love that 'seeing each other -sort of'

We are kind of unusual I guess. blush

When we went out right before Christmas, he asked if I was seeing anybody else, if I had been out a lot with people from the dating site, etc. I said I had been out with a few but wasn't seeing anyone else at the time. He said the same.

I said I was pretty much done w/Match bc I blocked 2200 guys and hadn't met many worth seeing. He said he was quitting too for similar reasons.

Anyway I verified a couple weeks ago and his profile is gone (so is mine bc I quit at the end of December). No we aren't in a relationship but I wanted to see if he meant what he said.

So, we are hanging out together and not seeing anyone else, but yet we aren't bf/gf. So far I really like how things are going. smile And with spring (hopefully) around the corner having common weekends will be awesome to get outside and do things.

In other news, I got on the scale this morning and am the lowest I have been since January 2010. smile Unfortunately I am still 20 pounds from where I was January 2008! smirk

So I will be upping my workouts. I am up to 4.5 miles on the treadmill. I have been playing with the programs on my treadmill and trying different hill/speed intervals. That seems to be making a positive difference. Last night I did a "glute toner" program where the incline was between 5-12 the entire time. That is a lot for me!

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard