Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
M
M
"You and others sometimes get your feathers all ruffled when anyone challenges your advice or anyone else's."

Uh I think you're talking about yourself as your post above shows. BTW, where is your sitch? I'm just curious. You can always look up mine. We all share our experiences bad and good.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
MrBond #2107987 11/22/10 07:41 AM
M
M
Sorry for the hijack Marmie.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
MrBond #2107988 11/22/10 07:43 AM
C
C
Originally Posted By: MrBond

"You and others sometimes get your feathers all ruffled when anyone challenges your advice or anyone else's."

Uh I think you're talking about yourself as your post above shows.

I'm not ruffled at all Bond. I am just challenging you... No fallacies, no gaslighting... just challenging your claims... And I'm doing it again here.

I welcome challenge... I have no issues with it.

BTW, where is your sitch? I'm just curious. You can always look up mine. We all share our experiences bad and good.

I'm not playing that game Bond. Just help marmie... There's been more than enough time wasted tonight as it is.

M
M
No game I'm just curious. No harm in asking. If you think I'm going to pick apart your own personal story, you are sadly mistaken. Look at the number of threads I've responded to. I've never done that. I was curious because you've been on for 2 years and have only posted over 50 times. But it's your perogative. Most of us are an open book.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
CMNM #2107994 11/22/10 08:02 AM
C
C
Originally Posted By: CMNM

I don't want to get in a pi$$ing match with you. You have a tendency to fight with other posters and lose sight of why you are here. Please stop directing posts to other people and stick to the thread owner. You are doing a great diservice to scared and confused people by constantly muddying the waters in your quest to be the only one who can give advice.

^^ These are ruffled feathers. CMNM is telling me outright to leave her comments unchallenged. And the challenge she offers to refute what I've been saying? "Muddying the waters"...

GASLIGHTING

Nothing in there ... Just Gaslighting...

Nothing about the advice I put up, just a hollow accusation that I am muddying waters.

Sorry CMNM if your feathers are in a knot, but challening someon'es advice is called thinking...

It's not a bad thing to do once in a while. And it most certainly is not muddying any waters...

If more people did that on threads you would see less conflicting advice. The bad advice would quickly disappear.

But since some people get upset when their advice is challenged we end up not helping marmie at all.

I for one would like to focus on coming up with some good advice for marmie here... Rather than having to explain how the marketplace of ideas is designed to function.

M
M
"The bad advice would quickly disappear."
No such thing as "bad" advice. Just differences of opinion.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
MrBond #2107999 11/22/10 08:08 AM
C
C
"The bad advice would quickly disappear."
No such thing as "bad" advice. Just differences of opinion.

Then you need to educate dbmod. She's the one posting single line challenges to peopel's posts saying "This is wrong" or "this is bad advice"

I am inclined to think if someone gives me advice and I act on it to my disadvantage that I was given some bad advice.

But that's just me. If you think advice isnt' good or bad then you need to have a chat with dbmod... She's the one burning posts, not me.

M
M
That won't help marmie, so don't play those games.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
MrBond #2108001 11/22/10 08:10 AM
C
C
That won't help marmie, so don't play those games.

Marmie I apologize for Bond's repeating posts here.. He's going to stop that very soon I'm sure.

M
M
Clark

Do you think it is possible that you might be projecting a little here? Your posts seem motivated by anger, which is not helpful to anyone. It is not fair to get into multiple pissing matches on someone else's thread. If you would like to have a general discussion about how to handle situations like this in general, please start another thread. I, for one, would feel more comfortable debating the issues there than on Marmie's thread. This is supposed to be about her, not you.

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard