Peace,

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

D
D
Well, I went with the jeans. And the blue shirt, but I don't think it was fail. smile

I had a very pleasant lunch. We talked a lot, and laughed a lot. I gave her a hug in the parking lot, i think it was just about right. She did say that it was better than she thought it would be (not the hug, just the date in general). I hope that's a good thing. And I think agreed that we would like to meet again.

Jeff
The poster formerly known as dry_heat

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
F
F
Kimmie, nothing wrong with your profile, but I don't have a sense of your personality from it. I think that's a challenge of writing a profile, getting beyond the transactional (this is what I want, this is what I have to offer, etc.) to expressing who we are -- so that we can attract someone who gets and appreciates us. Not easy!

me: 42 | STBXH: 41 | T: 18 | M: 10 | separation: Jan 3, 2010 | they deserve better: S7 & D4
current thread: http://tinyurl.com/3y8sxcp
.: first breathe, then heal, then start LIVING :.
K
K
Originally Posted By: flowmom
Kimmie, nothing wrong with your profile, but I don't have a sense of your personality from it. I think that's a challenge of writing a profile, getting beyond the transactional (this is what I want, this is what I have to offer, etc.) to expressing who we are -- so that we can attract someone who gets and appreciates us. Not easy!

Yeah, that was just part of it. I didn't post the other sections that go more in depth. Those list my interests, temperament, etc.

V
V
I like you personality Kimmie. I like your hardcore attitude that comes accross in your posts here! smile

Me 35
Wife 34
Two daughters 8 years and 3 years
Bomb 3/30/09
W filed 4/16/09
We met in'92 married in 2000
Divorce final
S
S
Well, i've been on match for two weeks. Deleted 1200 profiles already and been viewed 1113 times. out of that only 5 men have contacted me. I am not into the wink thing.

WEnt to lunch with one guy on Friday it lasted an hour. He was a very nice man but he didn't get up from the table when I got to the restaurant to say hello. Slide a business card across the table. Very rich man, who raises his four children, divorced for 6 years, and she walked away from him and the kids. But, he picked his teeth at lunch... the first time i thought well he's just got something stuck but then after the 6th time I just knew he was clueless. Plus, the man had gold crowns on his back molars.... bad teeth.... why if you have all that money ...own your own steel business would you not get your teeth fixed. Anyway, nice man, but when it came time to pay... I'm getting my share out of my purse because i don't expect a man to pay at a meet and greet.

He says "i got it I'll put it on the company anyways".... yuck! So, that a no.

I then met another one for happy hour turn dinner last night. We talked from 6-11 over 2 beers each and some dinner. Nice guy, looked just like his picture. Was waitingn in the lobby for me. Approached me when i walked in. Seemed happy to see me. i liked that by the end of the evening he didn't try to hug me, shake my hand, or kiss me. In fact, he never touched me all night. Nor made any gross comments. Now, talking to my GF on the way home to rehash the evening it dawned on me.... THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED...so then I was pretty convinced that he wasn't interested. While we were talking he sent a text saying goodnight. Then he text me a few times off and on today about funny things.

But he did not ask me out again (yet).... but my GF said if he didn't like you he would not have spent almost 5 hours with you and now that he has made contact... I feel like there may be some interest. So, that makes him a possible 1st date material, balls in his court.

I'm not sold on the online dating thing however, I have only one single friend but she does have a BF so it's not like there are any avenues to meet men... and like a few other ladies in the 40's here the only men that talk to me when i go out are 25-35 year olds. I'm not going there.

M:47
M:18
D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009
I Filed: Nov 17, 2009
Final: April 14, 2010
EX walked away from kids too

K
kml Offline
K
Lol - well, Sandycay, the 35 year olds are a heck of a lot better suited to YOU than they are to me!

A guy who doesn't hug, shake my hand, OR try to kiss me? I'm thinking either he's not interested in me, OR he suffers from an undesirable lack of testosterone!!!

T
T
Quote:
A guy who doesn't hug, shake my hand, OR try to kiss me? I'm thinking either he's not interested in me, OR he suffers from an undesirable lack of testosterone!!!

The first time you meet him?

There could be another thing going on here: he could have some class and be trying to figure out if they are compatible. Maybe, having some class, he doesn't go around hugging and kissing every strange woman he meets.

I'm just sayin'. Geez.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
V
V
A bit of advice from the ladies here, please?

Ok, when emailing a woman on match I intentionally find something else to write about other than their looks. Is that the right way to go or should I compliment their beauty somehow? What do you like?

Me 35
Wife 34
Bomb 3/30/09
W filed 4/16/09
Divorce final
V
V
Originally Posted By: TimeHeals
Quote:

The first time you meet him?

There could be another thing going on here: he could have some class and be trying to figure out if they are compatible. Maybe, having some class, he doesn't go around hugging and kissing every strange woman he meets.

I'm just sayin'. Geez.

I agree. I almost never go after a woman like that on the first meeting. Unless the woman has been very flirty!

Me 35
Wife 34
Bomb 3/30/09
W filed 4/16/09
Divorce final
Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard