Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: newmama
Found you, Sassy! Wondering what your latest scheme will be. smile

I've been working, working and trying to put WH out of my mind and get on with my plans. It's hard though. My mind frequently drifts back to the fun times we shared and the easy relationship we once had.

You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone, huh?

I've been following WH's, OW's, and my horoscopes on Cainer.com this week, and I'm curious to see if any of the predictions come true. Talk about soap opera! Mine says to sit back and do nothing -- my enemy's about to shoot herself in the foot. OW's says to dress appropriately when deceiving so as to confuse the innocent. WH's says a complicated situation will soon become crystal clear. Don't know how accurate any of it is, but it's been interesting to follow along! I'll keep you posted on any leg-breaking news...

WH 47 Me 46
Married 24 years
DD 13, 10 S 7

Bomb 7/08
WH Moved 9/3/10
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: irishblessings
Wow! What a sad story!

It is, isn't it, IB?

Watching BFF go through this for 30 years has made me want to avoid divorce at all costs. Her parents divorced in 1977, remarried in 1980, and divorced again in 1984 because of OW.

WH's parents also went through a nasty divorce. How he fell into the same WAS trap as his father - the one thing he SWORE he would NEVER do - is beyond me.

I think that's what made me SO determined to fight for my marriage, watching these two for so long. I do NOT want my kids to go through that and will avoid it if at all possible. Time will tell if I succeed...

WH 47 Me 46
Married 24 years
DD 13, 10 S 7

Bomb 7/08
WH Moved 9/3/10
P
P
Sassy,

I can relate. Although I like to sing Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" will mowing.

Since you've changed your online name, I'm not sure, but I believe I might have read some of your thread in my early days at DB. Unless there are lots of LBS that get arrested for a little innocent spying.

My oldest niece ended up in a sitch quite like your BFF's, except she was the only, oldest child of a short first marriage, that he never had anything to do with, but left her in charge of his estate. With three ex-wifes and 4 kids looking fire at her. She didn't want any part of it, but did as he had asked and then gave the rest over to wife #2, who he had been married to the longest.

Anyway, glad you are back. We need some excitement. This bunch has began rehashing the 80's.

ME: 54
Him: 51
M: 20 years T: 21 years
OW/New wife: 36
Sons & Daughters: 7 (ages 24-36)
Bomb: March 4, 2010
He Filed: April 28, 2010
I Contested: May 1, 2010
Standing Down: 11/24/10
Divorced : 05/04/2011
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: punkin
Since you've changed your online name, I'm not sure, but I believe I might have read some of your thread in my early days at DB. Unless there are lots of LBS that get arrested for a little innocent spying.

Let's hope not! Although it does make for a good story...that I'm too embarrassed to share with friends and family!

Originally Posted By: punkin
My oldest niece ended up in a sitch quite like your BFF's, except she was the only, oldest child of a short first marriage, that he never had anything to do with, but left her in charge of his estate. With three ex-wifes and 4 kids looking fire at her. She didn't want any part of it, but did as he had asked and then gave the rest over to wife #2, who he had been married to the longest.

What a mess! Sounds like the uncle did that just to cause trouble! Some people aren't happy unless they're creating drama.

BFF's mom had two children from a previous marriage, so BFF has a half-sister 18 years older and one 20 years younger. I've been watching these crazy situations from the sidelines for years. I'd prefer to stay there. Being center stage with it is WAY too much work!

WH 47 Me 46
Married 24 years
DD 13, 10 S 7

Bomb 7/08
WH Moved 9/3/10
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard