Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2082324 09/25/10 10:11 PM
OP Offline

Friend posted this link on FB, thought it interesting enough to share -

Single Dad Laughing: The disease called "Perfection"

OP Offline

Hey, this guy is a pretty good writer... here's a funny one. OK, that's it for now, off to do useful things.

Ten rules of divorce club

D
D
Very powerful and insightful. That perfection is why so many of us are here. This place gives people the opportunity to talk and share. Sadly our community doesn't fulfil this role.

W
W
Thanks Geronimo, suddenly I'm happier than I've ever been before!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
N
N
Thanks for sharing that blog about the quest for Perfection. You know something? People find it refreshing when you share your flaws because they can relate to you! Who can relate to someone who is always happy and perky, looks polished even when they are working out, can do it ALL it seems, never complains, and never seems to mess up?

And I used to think they would judge me so I never tried to be close to those perfect types. Somewhere along this journey of life I discovered that those perfect types are way more insecure than us REAL types! Heck, Oprah's weight fluctation makes her more relatable and she is a gazillionare TV mogel!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

N
N
Quote:
RULE #4: If it was your first divorce, you must immediately jump into a relationship with an unstable and unpredictable, yet sexy mate. Excess baggage is a serious must. In fact, that excess baggage is the only way you can possibly get the sexy mate requirement fulfilled because no sane hot person without baggage is going to have anything to do with you. Get used to it.

whoa...that is creepy true!

Quote:
Not to mention, people don't like whiners, and Facebook hasn't implemented a dislike button yet.

yeah-- what's up with that? that would crack me up!
"5 people DISLIKE this." lmaorofkmlitapal (laughingmyassoffrollingonthefloorkickingmylegsintheairpeeingalittle)

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

S
S
RULE #4: If it was your first divorce, you must immediately jump into a relationship with an unstable and unpredictable, yet sexy mate. Excess baggage is a serious must. In fact, that excess baggage is the only way you can possibly get the sexy mate requirement fulfilled because no sane hot person without baggage is going to have anything to do with you. Get used to it.

Haha. Hilarious. Not there yet but I can't wait to have a completely casual, NSA dating deal. It will be fun to just experiment. LOL.

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard