Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
V
OP Offline
V
OK, it's time for a new thread... probably well past time!

The previous thread... Wandering Poster 55 - We've been waiting for you!

What's up in the desert?

The kittens are getting bigger, and are quite amusing to watch. I think they are insane.

I seem to have kicked the sickness... yesterday the doc said my lungs were clear. I still feel that my breathing isn't quite "right", but it is sooooo much better.

Went to band practice Sunday, sang a lot, pushed it pretty hard at times, and generally felt good, so I think that says something. I do wonder what it really sounds like.... but not knowing might be better! There are a few songs that I think could be done in public, with just a little work, and more that would take, shall we say, a bit more work! But, with a motto of "No gigs", it's all good! Though it sounds like there is playing planned for the drummer's 50'th next spring. Not quite sure what that means. Oh, the guy who is generally the singer (before I started coming) showed up, and it went pretty well. He likes to mess around with some of the percussion, and even the bass a bit, and we kind of split the singing without any conflict. Though I think I can do "Stairway" better than he does! smile

Speaking if the bass, and taking a step that is new... the crazy thought of getting a bass and trying to learn to play it has gotten into my head. Though I don't think there is any way in heck I would be singing and playing at the same time!

Hasn't been any dating in the past couple weeks, partly due to illness, partly do to no dates!

Oh, Monday night I was eating at the local pizza place, I've been there once, maybe twice a week. The waitress asked me my name, and told me her's! Or course, she is probably just old enough to serve alcohol. It's still nice, though.

Drinks, food, and general silliness are all encouraged!

HUGS!

K
K
I am first ... Yippee!!! Glad you are feeling better. You have that certain something that gets the ladies interested. While you were sick you must have had it turned off. Lol

oh and I would like a seabreeze please!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
V
OP Offline
V
(((((kat)))))
One seabreeze, coming up!

I'm thinking the ladies go for the bass player, but if there are no gigs...... Maybe I have to think this through!

S
S
Go Wildcats! Put a beating on those Golden Bears! It would benefit your guys to limit the penalties and also work on the running game.

It sure would be nice if the Beavers could upset Boise State.

Are the Ducks in for trouble at Sun Devil Stadium?

V
OP Offline
V
Well... my inexpert analysis....

If the 'Cats don't let down after last week, and that is a significant if, the Bears will get beat down. The running game will be there, they have three pretty good backs. I think they are still figuring out the balance.

I think OSU will put a hurtin' in Boise State, I am not a true "blue" believer.

I don't see the Ducks having any trouble with the Devils.

S
S
You gotta love the Pac 10 right now. And next year, some of us (not counting the Cougars) get to do some beat down on Colorado and Utah.

K
K
I always liked the lead singer and guitar is fine if you are a guitar god like Eddie Van Halen. smile. Thanks for the seabreeze it was wonderful.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
B
B
Glad you are feeling better! And you make me wish I could have a kitten or three. But, not with Nathan's allergies...

Even if there are no gigs, you mention to a girl that you are in a band, that's some points right there. Especially if you can sing to her at some point. smile

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
V
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted By: BobbiJo

Even if there are no gigs, you mention to a girl that you are in a band, that's some points right there. Especially if you can sing to her at some point. smile

I think I need to update my profile on Match....

S
S
Jeff -

Have you ever heard of Dream Theater? I have their "Live at Budokan" DVD and play it often - very loudly. All the guys in that band are so very talented. John Petrucci is a guitar god like Eddie Van Halen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6k1VdgNeKE

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard