Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2072431 09/08/10 11:29 PM
F
OP Offline
F
I know the time is coming for me to leave these boards, so I just wanted to say a very heartfelt thank you before I go.

I came to this community as 'prairiegirl' and I know that I never really fit the WAW or LBS framework. So I was particularly grateful to be so welcomed into the community. The lessons I learned here, and the support I received were invaluable in helping me build my self esteem, learn to speak up for my needs and assert myself in my M. I was so lost, confused and angry when I came here, unsure of whether I should leave my M or if I had a chance of reconnecting with my H enough to make it work. Although we're still having stumbles and I still flub up more often than I can count, I can tell what a difference there's been in how we communicate and relate to one another. I feel quite hopeful that the positive changes will continue, and that we'll continue creating a better marriage.

Everyone here was so kind in reaching out, listening and offering their guidance and support. I'd love to name everyone who I learned from here but I fear this post would never end; also that I may miss someone and hurt their feelings. You've all meant so much to me. It's been such a godsend to have you all here. I'm thinking good, healing and strengthening thoughts for every one of you.

I would like to share a couple pieces of advice I received though - just two of the many things I'll always remember from my time here. First, 'Love thy neighbor as thyself'. Thank you, thank you for sharing that with me Coach. I could never figure out how you knew that was really my biggest problem, just from my first post. And it took me ages to figure out what you meant! But I think I've got the hang of it now and I'll do my best to continue practicing that important principle. Second, please please everybody, focus on yourself first - do everything you can to enrich your own life outside of your marriages. Time, I don't think I could have gotten my GAL act together, without you. That road trip I took to paint a couple of weeks ago was a real turning point for me. I think you finally helped me get through my skull that you can't get excited and energized about the potential of your present and future if you can't let the pain of your past go. Thank you again, and take care, FMV (aka PG).

Last edited by FindingMyVoice; 09/08/10 11:29 PM.

I cannot complain for not receiving from others, that which I've never asked them for.
R
ris Offline
R
FMV, I hope you will still keep on popping in here! I know I'm only new here, but your words and encouragement have been invaluable to me.

Accept that there is only one thing you can change in life and that is you

Me:26 H:26
My thread
ris #2080436 09/22/10 08:02 PM
C
C
Take care.

I am happy things are looking for the better.

Me 31 Wife 34
(Step)D 15 /(Step)S 13 / D 6
Married 3/3/01
Separated 6/4/10
Bomb 6/14/10
Served 6/22/10
EA/PA Discovered 7/5/10
Now Back Together 8/1/10
S
S
You sound so great, kiddo! You know you can hang around as long as you want. But do not let time on the board keep you from time spent with your loved ones or doing things for yourself. You sound like you've learned that lesson already.

Some day you will be introduced to a young lady who is so sad and feels as if she is not worth very much. That will be your clue to take her under your wing and teach her what you know. Pay it forward and both of you will be blessed.

God bless, and don't forget what a wonderful person you are!

Sandi

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
sandi2 #2080599 09/22/10 11:40 PM
P
PEI Offline
P
Take care PG, and never forget to stop by ... the reminders are always good ... and so is paying it forward.

Peace
PEI

Holding onto anger to punish someone else, is like lighting yourself on fire to get smoke in their eyes ~ 25yearsmlc

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard