Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
N
NNP1965 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
It may be a little premature moving to this forum as I have not officially filed yet, but that is just a formality once I get an appt with my attorney.

H came home yesterday to get the boys to take them for the week. I was under the impression we were going to have a conversation about moving forward with the divorce. I had all my thoughts put together and was ready to tell him what we needed to do money wise. NOPE, I WAS WRONG! He still wants us to "stay married" so I can take care of everything but he wants to "move on with his personal life"... I said what the heck does that mean, why are you beating around the bush? So then he says he has someone he wants to start dating (although come to find out they have been involved for SEVERAL months)!!! He can't even tell the truth when he is trying to.

UGH anyway this is another person that he worked with here... she is about 30 (he is 48) I think and has a 5 year old son... and she has left her husband for my H! So far in this mess 3 marriages (that I know of) have been destroyed by H's cheating. Makes me want to throw up!

I told him to get our property up for sale and sell the classic car that is taking up space in my garage or I will sell it for parts! and he is not welcome in my home anymore! I am going to file for divorce and get this done ASAP!!!! I know I have hung on too long, but I am ready now and there will be no stopping me.

I am ready to step out in faith and file. Let the chips fall... I know there has to be a better life waiting for my boys and I.

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
G
G
Yuck! Stay strong and keep moving forward; every day will move you closer to the amazing life you are meant to have and the amazing person you are meant to be.

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
B
B
Originally Posted By: NNP1965
He still wants us to "stay married" so I can take care of everything but he wants to "move on with his personal life"... I said what the heck does that mean, why are you beating around the bush? So then he says he has someone he wants to start dating (although come to find out they have been involved for SEVERAL months)!!! He can't even tell the truth when he is trying to.

UGH anyway this is another person that he worked with here... she is about 30 (he is 48) I think and has a 5 year old son... and she has left her husband for my H! So far in this mess 3 marriages (that I know of) have been destroyed by H's cheating. Makes me want to throw up!

Honestly, what planet do these people live on and how can they be this SELF-CENTERED!!! He wants YOU to "take care of everything" while HE runs around feeding his self-ego with someone else's wife who, by the way, is young enough to be his daughter. Barf!

I told him to get our property up for sale and sell the classic car that is taking up space in my garage or I will sell it for parts! and he is not welcome in my home anymore! I am going to file for divorce and get this done ASAP!!!! I know I have hung on too long, but I am ready now and there will be no stopping me.

I am ready to step out in faith and file. Let the chips fall... I know there has to be a better life waiting for my boys and I.

Good for you!! I'd give him a firm timetable too on getting his car out of your garage and property up for sale, and if he doesn't then do it yourself.

BA

F
F
if your name is on it, you can sell it too... smile I bet someone would love to buy it for $20!!! grin

S
S
He still wants us to "stay married" so I can take care of everything but he wants to "move on with his personal life"...

Is he of royal blood and is he worthy of having a concubine?

That is quite insensitive for him to say such a thing. Mine actually told me that she would like to live with her rich OM (who is now 70), and that when he died... if I was still available... she might want to come back to me.

Oh, and fig has a story about her wedding ring that is just as classic.

I think people who have affairs actually have their IQ drop by 20 points.

B
B
That is just plain lunacy! And entitlement...yeah keep you around for the maid/personal assistant job while he gets his jollies on the side??? Wtf??

good for you for going boldly forward. I am behind you 100%!

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
N
NNP1965 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thank you everyone. I must say I am so looking forward to not taking care of and being responsible for him anymore!

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
N
NNP1965 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
fig, gotta hear the wedding ring story if you don't mind smile

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
S
S
Yeah I want to hear this wedding ring story, too!

He still wants us to "stay married" so I can take care of everything but he wants to "move on with his personal life"... I said what the heck does that mean, why are you beating around the bush? So then he says he has someone he wants to start dating (although come to find out they have been involved for SEVERAL months)!!!

Oh dear God. I guess he just expected you to say, Sure! Fine! I will totally accept that and have no self-respect and be disrespected by you as well in the process. Grrr.

Well it sounds like you are making the RIGHT decision, NNP. You deserve sooo much more.

N
NNP1965 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
yep that is exactly what he expected me to say and I take responsibility for accepting that for way too long, but now it is my time to move on.

No matter what is ahead it is going to be better than what I have.

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard